twenty-eight. the best place in Seven

[ twenty-eight

[ twenty-eight. the best place in Seven ]

WARNING: This chapter has a bit of a spicy scene. Not outright smut but implications.

THE WALK TO the city's center was filled with chatter and laughter. Casi couldn't help but stare and point at everything.

District Seven was nothing like the Capitol in every way possible. No tall buildings, no bustling streets, or loud cars. Most people were at work and the streets were practically empty aside from some kids who were late for school. 

"I'm glad to see Amber settling in," Cassia smiled. Her aunt coming here was Cassia's fault and it bothered her. But as the days passed she saw a different side of her, way livelier and excited.

In the Capitol people used to say that she was District through and through and Cassia saw it as an insult, a reminder that she would never fit in. But she sees now they were right. The Districts were her home. Even if she had no good memories from her own District, she was better than ever here.

"Looks like being my girlfriend has its perks" He chuckled sending her a teasing smile.

"I- Mrs. Ash just assumed and i didn't know what to say..." Cassia mumbled, stumbling over her words under his flirtatious gaze.

"So you aren't my girlfriend?" He asked, his voice holding a playful tone that made Cassia smile bashfully.

She averted her gaze to the ground when she spoke "Well... If I'm not, then those past days were very confusing."

"Oh no, we can't make things confusing between us." He shook his head with a laugh

"Then you have to ask me to be your girlfriend" She joked with a grin.

"I don't think i have to," Treech said, his playful smile turning into a soft one.

"You don't have to." Cassia returned his smile, her hand squeezing his lovingly

And Cassia meant it. She could see how he looked at her, how he smiled at her, and the way his cheeks reddened when she smiled back. Those past few days showed her that actions speak louder than words.

SURPRISINGLY, THE WALK wasn't as long as Casi thought but that only brought a sad realization that this little trip was almost over.

After giving their name and waiting for a while the lady called Cassia in. She entered the office with a smile but the old lady didn't seem very interested. That was until she sat across from her and the woman took a better look at the blonde girl.