twenty-six. the market

TW: MENTION OF SUICIDE 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

TW: MENTION OF SUICIDE 

[ twenty-six. the market ]

CASSIA JERKED AWAKE to a loud whine. She attempted to sit up but her shoulder felt heavy.

A look to her side brought the girl all the memories of yesterday. Suddenly feeling hot at the recollection of Treech's lips on hers, hungry and longing.

'you are the only thing I don't want to forget'

A soft smile tugged at her lips as she stared at his sleeping figure, gently resting his head on her shoulder.

When they arrived last night it was already early morning. The sofa was empty since Mr. Evans already left for work and the thought of separating felt almost unbearable.

She talked to him. Told him about how she spent her last days in the Capitol, how she managed to find her way to Distinct Seven, and her talk with Sejanus and Snow.

Anything to lull him to sleep. But he listened.

'you have weird names in the Capitol'  he commented and made the girl laugh.

They fell asleep at the sound of the birds' waking call.

Now, the light that crept through the window blinded her, but still, it was pretty early.

She turned to find the source of the noise and was met with an irritated Hazel who struggled to do her hair. She looked ready to cut the braid she tried to perfect.

"You good?" Cassia smiled at the girl who jumped at the sudden noise.

"Yeah, just wanna rip my hair out." She grumbled.

Cassia chucked. Carefully she shifted Treech to the other side and walked to the girl.

"Let me help you," She asked and the girl nodded excitedly.

Cassia bushed her hair carefully and began redoing the braids.

"Jude usually does my hair but she's off to work." She explained.

"What about you? No school today?"

"I'd rather go to the market. All the good stuff will be gone by the time school's over." She said, admiring the finished braid while Cassia did the other one.