twenty-four. homecoming

[ twenty-four

[ twenty-four. homecoming ]

NATURALLY, NOT MANY liked talking about the Games but after asking a bunch of people about Treech with most of them giving them weird looks, they finally found themselves on the porch of a little wooden house. 

It was like every other house in the area but instead of a plain brown roof, it was a deep blue color. The porch was also decorated nicely, with various little paper stars and origami birds hung all around.

The thing that made Cassia smile was the carvings on the side. It seemed to be a little height chart. 

Jude, Treech, Hazel

Another name was carved into the wood but not many times. Clover. Probably their mother, giving in to her kid's antics.

The girl knocked on the door which was followed by silence. She knocked again but still nobody answered. She was starting to worry when the door swung open. 

A girl stood by the doorframe. Her black wavy hair messily fell on her colorful flannel shirt which was slightly buttoned, revealing her black top. A pair of light brown jeans finished her look. Her irritated expression was quickly replaced with a surprise when she got a better look at Cassia's face. 

After a beat of awkward silence, Cassia said with a smile and extended her hand "Hello, you must be Jude. I'm Cassia.". The girl nodded and hesitantly shook her hand.

"I know who you are."

Cassia wasn't surprised. The Capitol showed her and Treech multiple times on camera. "This is my aunt, Amber." 

Jude's eyes merely flickered to the older woman before focusing all her attention on the blonde again. 

"How are you here?" She finally asked.

"This is a very long conversation to have on the porch," Cassia said and Jude reluctantly opened the door wider.

The two girls walked inside the small house. It was cozy, just like Cassia imagined. It didn't have much only a few pieces of furniture, but it still emitted a warm feeling.

"As you know, I'm Treech's mentor𑁋was Treech's mentor. I was exiled for cheating in the Games𑁋" She started.

"For saving my brother" Jude corrected and Cassia nodded.

She could see her attitude change with that.

"Yeah, they didn't really like that. So they send us away. How we got here is a long and unnecessary story" She chuckled awkwardly. Even if the girl seemed thankful she still had an intimidating aura to her, like she was trying to decipher Cassia.