twenty-five. heartfelt confessions

[ twenty-five

[ twenty-five. heartfelt confessions ]

THE ONLY WORD that came to mind was: awkward.

They didn't have to wait long for Hazel and Mr. Evans to come home. Their reactions were very different, to say the least.

Oliver stared at the girl and his face reflected something between confusion and dismay. It really was in the family...

The girl on the other hand started at her wide-eyed in a way that someone would look at a princess.

Cassia shook away any nervousness she had and quickly made her way to the duo.

"Hello, I'm𑁋" She flashed her brightest smile and extended her hand.

"I figured." The man interrupted her.

He hung his jacket and hat on the hanger, making a real effort to ignore the girl's hand.

Cassia ignored Treech clearing his throat uncomfortably and looked at Hazel, who still looked at her curiously.

"Hey, you must be Hazel." Unlike her dad, the girl smiled and shook her hand.

"You are..." She took a moment to think "Casi!"

Cassia chuckled at the girl's enthusiasm.

"Azie, her name is Cassia." Treech corrected and the younger girl glanced at Cassia embarrassed.

"That's okay. All my friends call me Casi." She assured making Hazel grin cheerfully.

"Cassia made us dinner," Treech informed everyone but his eyes followed his dad, the boy's expression made his bitterness very clear.

"What are we having?" Hazel asked excitedly and sprinted to the table.

She was about to sit down when Jude stopped her "Go wash your hands or you're not sitting on this table" She warned.

"Ugh," The girl complained but followed her father to the bathroom.

SOON ENOUGH EVERYONE sat around the table, enjoying their food.

Amber and Jude continued their conversation cheerfully. Hazel and Cassia talked too, although it was more of Hazel asking questions about the Capitol and Cassia answering them. Only Treech and Oliver remained silent.