twenty-nine. first day

[ twenty-nine

[ twenty-nine. first day ]

Waking up was harder than she expected. She hated waking up early even for the Academy. But Treech's laughs and teasing helped make this morning a bit easier.

"Come on, babe." He chuckled as she grumbled "Are you always like this in the morning?"

"Leave me alone!" She whined when he dropped all his weight on her above the sheets.

"You have to go to work, Casi." He said as he flopped next to her in the bed.

"Can i skip?" She requested batting her eyes innocently at the boy who threw his head back in laughter.

"It's your first day and you already wanna skip?" He asked in disbelief.

"Ugh." She kicked her feet under the sheets in annoyance but protested no more.

Treech noticed the girl's pouting expression turn into a troubled one. "What is it, love?" the boy asked, brows frowned.

"You think they'll like me?" Cassia asked hesitantly and Treech smiled sweetly.

The boy kissed her forehead as he cupped her face "How can they not?" Cassia chuckled at his compliment "Just not too much." He sent her a playful glare making her laugh even more.

"You think Ι can relax you before work?" He joked with a smirk.

She giggled, pushing him away playfully, and even though his words held no seriousness he was successful in making her blush. Not only his words but the memories of yesterday.

And judging by the shy spark in his eyes and a cheeky grin decorating his face it was the same for the boy.

When they went to the kitchen for breakfast Amber sent the girl look that almost made her choke on her food and Jude chuckled when she noticed. Hazel just stared at them for a moment before losing interest clearly as cranky as Cassia in the morning.

Oliver was nowhere to be seen. Jude told her he had a double shift today so he'll probably be home very late unless they give them a break and he comes for dinner before leaving for work again.

But all that was all a blur now as she stared at the workshop in front of her. She imagined it would be bigger but it was the same as the Evans' home. She kept reciting to herself how this wasn't something should worry about. She was just here to do her job and leave but her heart still kept beating fast even though she tried to manage her breathing.