Don't Make Me A Monster . . .

Chapter 5

After a week of school with Demetrius I was ready to tear my hair out. He just thought that he was so smooth, so charming that everyone had to love him; well that was true. Still no matter how true it was it was also annoying. I could never get anytime to talk to him. It was either he was being chased by girls or he was in hiding. I knew I sounded jealous but I couldn't help it . . .

The good thing about today was that it was Friday so I wouldn't have to put up with it tomorrow. It was a good thing they didn't know where he lived or every day when I would come unto my balcony my sight would be disrupted by girls walking in and out of his house. Now that would have been annoying.

I sat on my balcony looking down at the quiet road. We didn't have much people passing through here, which was exactly how mom prefered it. Most times I got the impression that she avoided human contact as much as possible . . .thought that couldn't be accurate . . .could it . . .?

There was a movement in my front yard that drew me from my thoughts. I looked over my balcony. Maybe it was Demetrius. He still stopped by the house in cat form to appease Valerie so she wouldn't collar him. But why would he be running around outside? Maybe it was all in my head, afterall I did have an active imagination at times. I dismissed it and took my seat again but just as I did I was positive that I heard something. I looked down and saw a man walking by the house. Hm . . .nothing but a passer by. I sighed as I leaned against the balcony, being around Demetrius really wasn't healthy. I was getting paranoid for simplest of reasons just like him and Cassidy.

That got me thinking, what did happen to Cassidy? She hadn't been to school for the entire week. I hope she was alrigh---what the hell that man just walked by again! Only this time he looked up! What the hell  .. .?

"Jamie, the phone." Dad called from downstairs.

I picked up the phone. "Hello Jamison." Came a very unfamiliar voice. 

"Um . . .who is this . . .?"

"The important thing is that I know you." The voice said. "I thought that I would let you know that I'll be watching you."

Okay that was my signal to hang up. "Weirdo." I said before hanging up. Who the hell was that anyway? The phone began to ring again. I grabbed it. "Listen you, if you call my home again I'll have the police trace your location and have you arrested! You got that?!" Damn idiot. He had some nerve to call again.

"Um . .. Jamie . . .what are you talking about? Why can't I call anymore?"

"Oh, it's just you," It was actually soothing to hear Demetrius' voice but I didn't know why. " It's nothing, just that this guy called earlier and freaked me out."

"Is there a problem?" He asked cautiously.

I didn't want to worry him because I knew that he would have come rushing over here, which would not have made my mother too happy with that still I was freaking out. "Well maybe . . .I think someone is stalking me but I'm probably just being paranoid." I paused to think it over. "No, there's no problem."

"Okay then can you come by my house tonight?"

"Not by myself, you have to come get me." I said. I wasn't taking any chances.

"Why?" He asked, sounding completely oblivious. He couldn't be serious.

"I just told you that I'm being stalked and you want me to walk to your house by myself?!"

"But you said that there was no problem."

"Look if you don't come get me then I'm not coming. It's as simple as that." I stated. You never knew what could be lurking just outside your gate. I couldn't tell you how many times mom told me that.