Married to My Liar

Chapter 30

---Demetrius’ POV---

Everything was going according to plan—my plan anyway. I was finally going to have the only girl that managed to grab my interest from the moment I saw her sitting on her balcony. I found myself smiling at the memory of her, blushing deeply as she spoke to me that night. She probably hadn’t noticed that she was but it was very evident and consequently amusing. Everything she did intrigued me . . . and I never understood why. There was just something about her and now she would be mine. Yes mine. Clandestynes, like cats, are rather possessive and I intended to keep her from everything man except myself—that night that I made a bad decision would never happen again. I was now prepared to kill any bastard that looked at her for too long.

I was going to make her smile again; bring her back to her old self and keep her there and there was nothing that was going to get in the way of that—nothing.

With time to spare I went back to my room and took out the tux that I had packed before coming to the palace. I knew it would come in handy. I smirked down at it, staring down at it reminiscently. In just a few hours I would be married. That thought gave me a knew rush and before I knew it I was dressed and hurrying back to the grand ball room; one might wonder why they chose to execute Scar in there but I won’t question it because it ended up being the room for the wedding which I much prefer to the court yard, with its many blood stains and broken walls. I was trying to marry Jamie—not scare her into celibacy. 

When I got back to the room it was clear that many others had gone back to their rooms to change for the event as well.

“Demetrius can I have a word with you?”

I turned and saw Helena standing a little off from me with Caspian and Cassidy. In truth the only reason I actually went at her call was because I was curious to know what they had been discussing all this time. My soon to be mother-in-law was a fascinating woman. After growing up with a docile mother interacting with a hot-headed woman such as her was a refreshing change. She spoke her mind in ways that she never should and I admired that because I was the exact same when it came to feelings.

“Let’s get something straight.” She said as I approached her. I nodded slowly. “Jamie’s happiness is all that matters.” So we were on the same page! “If she becomes unhappy for even a second—I’ll kill you.”

“Same here.” Caspian chimed.

I rolled my eyes. “She will obviously be happy because she has me and I intend to make her extremely happy even without your hollow threats.” I stated, more than a little annoyed that they thought they would even have to say that. Helena shot me a skeptical glare but I dismissed it by walking away. What she had to say wasn’t as interesting as I thought it would have been.

As I turned my back to them I saw a portal unwinding. I took on an impatient stance, knowing fully well who would be coming out of it.

One by one Xavier and the others made their way from the portal, dressed formally, for I assume the Prince’s wedding that would no longer be happening. They saw just how annoyed I was at the arriving a week later than they were supposed to and all began rambling in the hopes of finding an excuse.

“We got here as soon as we could.” Zane said, trying to catch his breath. Had they all been running or something . . .?

Just then Kaitlyn gasped. “Unbelievable!”

“What?” Caroline asked, darting around apprehensively. My brows crinkled. What was going on? Had they upset the Minotaur on the way here or perhaps pissed off a warlock? A mermaid maybe—those things were fierce!