Death For Forgiveness

Chapter 14

---Jamie’s POV---

The next morning found me sitting on my balcony. I had realized last night that I wasn’t going to get any sleep so I had been sitting out here waiting for my alarm to go off. When it did I got up with a sigh and began getting ready to head off to that place again. It was as if I lost all interest when it came to certain things. A couple of times I felt like asking mom to stay home but I knew that it would have made her feel worst.

During French class the principal walked in with a lady that looked forty something. No disrespect but she looked like a damn clown. Her yellow coat shirt thing didn’t match her bright red pants and neither matched her brown slippers. Her hair didn’t pass her chin and her glasses thankfully were not very thick.

“Hey I didn’t know that the circus was in town.” Matthew said. The class burst into laughter immediately.

“Actually it’s not Mr. D’costa, this is your new French teacher. “ The principal said sternly. The class fell silent instantly and we all took in the sight before us. He couldn’t be serious.

“You’re joking right?” Ephraim asked with an eyebrow raised.

“No, I’m not. Students please stand and greet Mme. Brouers.”

The woman stepped forward. “Bonjour tout les monde.” This time I couldn’t help but snicker. This had to be a joke. The class erupted again.

“Looks like you were wrong Matt.” Zane said, hardly able to control himself.

“Yeah, there’s no just an opera!”

“Students!” The principal warned.

“This should be interesting.” I heard Dianne mumble. The principal sighed then exited after mumbling something uninteresting to the woman. As soon as he left everyone got up and began doing their own thing.  I sat back in my seat and watched as she attempted to teach. The lord knows that’s all she was doing because no one was paying attention. I looked around and realized for the first time that Sarah wasn’t at school. That was really weird. She never missed school . . . ever . . . her mom was a s strict as mine when it came to stuff like that. I was drawn out of thought when I felt a hand rest around my shoulder. Looking over I saw Jonathon and felt myself cringe inwardly.

“Hey Jamie, I noticed that you haven’t been hanging around Demetrius very much lately.” He said with a knowing smile. I felt a knot form in my stomach. Why was he touching me? I didn’t want to be touched.

Demetrius quickly made his way over to us. “Get your hands off her.” He said through his teeth. Oh now he chose to come to the rescue?

“Hey the last I checked she didn’t belong to you.” Jonathon said with a spiteful smile. I saw him get a certain look on his face and that gave me an idea.

“He’s right.” I said tonelessly. “I don’t belong to you so you can’t tell him what to do concerning me.” I said with cold indifference. “furthermore, I could never belong to someone who would allow me to be hurt for reasons unknown to anyone but himself.” I knew that what I said hurt because of his expression but at the moment I didn’t care. I wanted it to  hurt.

“Dude I think you just got rejected.” Jonathon gloated.

“Young men,” Mrs. Brouers interrupted as she caught them standing. “why are you two standing over there?”

“Could you go a pitch two lower?” Jonathon asked in contempt.

“Oh we were just discussing how awesome we think you are. You’re going to make a great teacher.” Demetrius lied without much effort.