Images Dancing In My Head

Chapter 19

Jonathon turned to me with a wicked smile. I could tell that he was really enjoying this. How was he the same guy that I used to fantasize about? How was I ever attracted to this? He was a—an asshole!

“Then give me a kiss, and I want a proper one.” He said with his spiteful smirk still in place. How could he ask me that . . . ?”

“I—I can’t . . .’ I whispered. I really couldn’t have—he was asking too much.

“Okay.” He said with a casual shrug as if my answer didn’t affect him in any way. I was at the edge of my seat anxiously awaiting his next move that didn’t necessarily plan to be a good one.

“Shut the hell up Jonathon!” Cassidy warned. He looked at her then as if only for the spite of it he turned to the class.

“He raped Jamison.”

The words echoed over and over in my head, getting softer each time. How could he have done it . . . ? The mumbles appeared but they began getting softer and softer as well. It was like someone had taken a remote and was turning down the volume. I looked around and saw them all staring as their mouths moved. My breathing became strained. What were they saying?—I couldn’t hear anything! That fact sent me into a mode of panic. What was happening . . . ? Jonathon looked back at me with a smirk that said he meant business. I guess he meant it to be somewhat seductive but it only made me sick. He was just as much a monster as Mr. Carlton . . . or Demetrius—though he was probably worse than Demetrius by now.

“What?!”

That was the first bit of audio that I was able to hear.

“Well of course, wasn’t it obvious?” Jonathon said, pretending he had known all along. “Why do you think that Jamison has been acting so strange since lately?” The whispering got worst and so did the stares. I eyes started fogging over with tears as I searched the room for someone who wouldn’t have made this into a big deal; there was none. In the blink of an eye Cassidy pounced on him with such force that they both fell through the window on the other side of the class.

The things they said just kept getting harsher and harsher until I wasn’t able to take it anymore. In no time I was curled up on the floor just wishing that they would stop.

“How do we even know that it was rape?” Taylor asked.

What . . . ?

“Yeah, how are we so sure that she didn’t ask for it?” Kristen questioned.

“Yeah!”

“For all we know she probably loves him.”

What was wrong with these people? I would never have done that. I didn’t want it to happen—I even tried running. I wasn’t asking for anything. My purity was taken against my will and there was nothing I could have done to stop him—not even crying worked. What was even sicker was that they thought I loved him. I could never love a monster. He held me against my will, ripped my clothes and violated me in ways that I never wanted to relive—I wanted so badly to forget it but with each day they memories just kept coming back and each was just stronger and stronger. It was as if I would never get over it . . . no matter how hard I tried . . .

“You’re wrong!” I said, getting to my feet. I couldn’t let them keep thinking like that. “I never asked for anything—and I hate him!” I yelled before hurrying out of the room. Staying I there would have only suffocated me.

---Cassidy’s POV---

When we landed I glared down at Jonathon who looked terrified. He had every right to be afraid because at the moment I just felt like gutting him. He had some nerve to have done what he did. Did he even think of the ramifications that would result? I gripped him by his shirt and pulled him up so I could get a better look at the class. I couldn’t see Jamie anymore but everyone seemed to be whispering. I sighed, thoroughly annoyed by the fact that he would have caused me to have to do this. I pulled out my phone and made a call.