Savages

Chapter 5

The next morning I woke with a burst of energy. It was almost as if I actually wanted to go to school; weird . . .

As I looked into the mirror after my bath I had to remind myself that there was no way that I would ever fall for Demetrius. It wasn't likely to happen but I had to be sure. He seemed like the player type with like a dozen girls swooning all over him and I refused to make myself count in his increasing number. Then there was the fact that he was a liar---a compulsive one at that. If we were to ever be togther he would lie to me all the time and I hated being lied to. Why put myself in a situation where I wouldn't be happy?

At school Sarah, Cassidy and I were walking around before the morning bell rang when Demetrius joined us. He flashed me that breath taking smile of his but I pretended to be undaunted. That only made him chuckle. It figured he would know I was faking.

"Wow I'm surprized that you're not in the library as yet." Sarah joked. I found myself wondering the same thing. It seemed like that was his new spot at school.

"I'm always welcome there so I figure a change of scenery will be of soe good to me." He said with a casual shrug. I turned to Cassidy for the translation; this had become a normal thing.

"He means that the Librarian told him not to come back."  I burst into laughter instantly. It served him damn right. Hiding out there everyday doing what only God could imagine. Hah, let's see where he'll go now. "It's actually not very funny," Cassidy interrupted me saying. "Now he has no where to hide from those desperate, feeble minded whores."

Wait . . .he was hiding in there . . .for hiding sake . . .? Well then . . .

"Hey guys I found him! He's over there!" Uh oh. We all turned and saw a group of my class mates, well the female population, staring at us. "Grab him before he runs off again!" They all charged towards us and in a second Demetrius also took off.

"That's partially why he quit school." Cassidy said, matter of factly before heading off to our home room.

I guess he didn't like the attention afterall . . .

At lunch I made an attempt to sit next to Demetrius at the table he and Cassidy were at but that proved itself impossible. As Sarah and I got closer a flock of girls rushed over and began filling up the seats--you think they'd take a hint after the table became full but not even then. They began squeezing in next to each other, all trying to get close enough to Demetrius. I noticed that Cassidy's fingernails grew into claws as a few girls pushed up against her.

"Get off of me before you ruin my skin." She said, losing her composure.

"Cass, calm down." Demetrius said. I watched her slam her lunch tray unto the floor then jump up and storm off. I looked back at Demetrius but he was too in tune with all the girls that were vying for his attention. He glanced over at me and that was when I rolled my eyes at him and also left. So much for being annoyed everytime those girls were around him.

During Gym I tried my luck at speaking to him again. This time I felt like screaming. Before I could even say 'hey' a group of them grabbed him and pulled him off to 'help them with the exercises'! Honestly were they trying to piss me off--wait . . .no . . .I couldn't hink like this because he wasn't mine and we were not an item. I needed to calm down before anyone got the wrong idea, including him.

By the end of the day I had resloved that I would never be able to speak with him at school. How was it even possible? He was only here for two days and yet he managed to dethrone Jonathon!

As soon as we entered the parking lot Sarah's mom pulled up. This was definitely not my day. Why was she even here? Sarah's mom never and I mean never picked her up on time. "Well your mom's here early." I stated, hoping I sounded annoyed enough.