Lie For Love

Chapter 26

---Caspian’s POV---

I sat in Alexiel’s throne watching him lose his mind. It made no sense that he put himself and the entire palace staff throw the hell that creature was raising but he said he loved her so there was nothing I could do about it. I was actually beginning to feel dizzy just watching him.

A servant walked in. He turned to her sharply. “Has Scarlett been able to get her meal as yet?” he asked. I rolled my eyes; she didn’t need food she needed a tranquilizer and a few dozen sleeping pills. Honestly what was he thinking? The servant took an uncertain step back before addressing him.

“N-Not yet you majesty . . .—l”

“Well why not?!” He blew up.

“Um . . .” Great, he intimidated her. “You see . . .Sire she’s killed every servant that had gone to feed her . . .” My eyes bulged. Was she serious?! Surely Alexiel had to open his eyes now—it couldn’t work!

“Oh.” Was all he could say at the moment. What? “Really? Hm . . . that could be a problem . . .”

“You think?” I just had to ask. This was obviously a problem! He gave me a dismissive look before focusing on the servant girl again. I sighed impatiently. He may have been my bestfriend but this was one thing that I couldn’t support him on. This had to be one of the more idiotic plans he had concocted to win a girl—a girl that had no interest in him for that matter and I just wished he could see that before anyone else had to die.

“How many have we lost?”

“So far . . . twelve.”

“Alexiel!” I said sternly. That was too much. Even one would have been too many killed and yet she killed twelve?! There was no way he could keep denying the truth now unfortunately he was who he was and so his response was merely:

“Give her some time then try again.”

He was officially the most dim-witted being I had ever been in contact with.

“As you wish.” Then she disappeared to have more people killed. If I could have slapped some sense into him believe me—I would have.

---Jamie’s POV---

A week had officially gone by and there wasn’t a person in Demetrius’ family that wasn’t itching to head to the palace. There were all zipping by me grabbing different articles until they were nothing but a blur to me. Dad still hadn’t come home but to be honest I didn’t expect him to. I knew for a fact that Dad had somewhat of a phobia of monsters on a whole. Every Halloween that past I was forced to dress in only cute outfits. Princess, dolls, the occasionally super hero and Dad’s favourite—vegetables, because ‘they never hurt anyone’ though I begged to differ. He never let me get anything cool like vampire costumes or werewolf duds. If you looked hard enough then the only person you would have thought missed him would have been Valerie. Mom didn’t seem like she cared very much anymore and I wasn’t going to shed any tears for him—I refused. He had some nerve walking out on us.

“Okay, we’re going ahead.” Annalise said, ripping open a portal. “Demetrius remember to lock up before you two leave.” Demetrius nodded at her then turned and made himself busy again. I watched each of them stepped through. Valerie was actually very eager to step through. She thought the whole portal thing was cool and she couldn’t wait to see what was on the other side. The portal closed right after Mom stepped through.

“Jamie, close the back door then we can leave.” Demetrius said.

I nodded without saying anything then went and got it locked. When I walked back into the living room he had already torn open a portal.