The New Teacher

Chapter 7

Despite what happened I still decided to go with Demetrius to his house. It turned out that Cassidy was quite fine but was just waiting for her wounds to heal before she came back to school. Though she didn't forgive Demetrius for allowing her to get bruised in the first place so she had him go up to her room where she scratched him all over while I waited down stairs. It wasn't so bad waiting until I saw this adorable little girl named Phoenix that looked no older than four. She had a pacifier in her mouth and when I took it out the kid got savage and nearly killed me. Believe me I was pissed after that and not even Demetrius could stop me from leaving. He had allowed me to get attacked twice in one night. I didn't even talk to him for the rest of the weekend. That would teach him and ofcourse I did not let my mother know any of that for fear that she would never let me leave my house again.

The following Monday during French class there was no teacher. It was kinda weird because Mme.Douvell was never late, never. 

At a half past the door opened and both the principal and this man I had never seen before walked in. The man smirked at me which I found strange since we had never met. 

"Students, Mme. Douvell will no longer be with you, instead you will have M. Carlton."

"Bonjour tout le monde."

Everyone stood and greeted him in french but I remained frozen in my seat. He . . .he was the same man . . .My head whip around to see if Demetrius had also recognized him and I saw him digging his claws into the desk. After taking a look at what he did to his desk he flew up and walked over to them.

"May I go to the bathroom please?" He asked through his teeth. He was slowly losing control of himself.

"Ask me in French." Mr. Carlton said with a haughty smirk.

I heard Demetrius give off a low growl. "Puis-je aller au toilette, s'il vous plait?"

HIs smirk got wider. "No ask in Italian."

Demetrius' fingers twitched. "Posso andare al bagno, per favore?"

"And in Chinese." My gosh was he trying to piss him off?!

"You may go young man." The principal said, looking quite amused. I had no idea just how oblivious humans were to things until now. Demetrius could have broke out just now and then who would stop him?! For a quick second Demetrius' eyes flashed red but they quickly returned to sapphire. He bolted from the room and before the door slammed behind him I could see that his tail was now out and swinging fiercely. He definitely knew that this was the same guy.

Five minutes later the teacher left the class and Mr Carlton began running through the register. Right before calling my name he paused and smiled to himself. He looked directly at me. "Jamison Carter."

"H-Here sir."

He smiled again then got back to calling the names. 

Demetrius walked in with a stone cold expression.

"Ah Mr. Finley, so nice of you to rejoin the class. Have you calmed down?"

"Yes sir. " Demetrius muttered as he took his seat once more.

The smirk reappeared on Mr. Carlton's face. "Good."

At lunch Demetrius didn't say a word. He still looked pissed and he was breathing heavily. 

"I'm not sure I like that new French teacher at all, what about you Dem?" Cassidy said contemplatively as she swirled her straw around in her milk.