Punished

Chapter 10

What? Why were they all suddenly so worried? What the hell?!

My eyes nearly fell out of their respective sockets when I saw a portal slowly whirling open. I pinched myself just to make sure I wasn't dreaming and unfortunately I wasn't! This was all happening! It was all real!

A woman walked through. She looked very distinguished with her suit and she wore a straight face. Her expression told me that she was annoyed at having to come here. She looked each of them in the eye. "What do you all think you're doing?" She demanded. "Why does this little group seem to give me the most problems?! Granted you've cooled down since that hoodlum left but now he's back so you all think you can flare up again?! Xavier report to me now." Did she mean Demetrius? Wow so he really was incharge of them. He appeared by her side immediately. "What's going on here?" 

"Ma'am I tried to stop them but they wouldn't listen--"

"Your incompetency has corrupted the minds of these humans."

"Ma'am I--"

"Say no more, I am demoting you." Whoa, she was cold.

"What?!" They all shouted incredulously.

"But Ma'am he tried to warn them and he took no part in any of it!" Chrystal protested. Well atleast they wouldn't let him take the fall for their behaviour.

"None of it was his fault, I started it by challenging the Clandestyne." Priscilla said.

"No, I started it by throwing the vampire across the classroom." Cassidy confessed. Wow they were actually taken responsibility. Hopefully the lady would see that and go easy on them.

"It doesn't matter who started it." Or not. "The fact is that he is your leader but apparently you don't respect him enough so you need a new one." Xavier looked down, obviously hurt. I guess the position meant alot to him. It wasn't fair that he would lose it because of them. Demetrius must have thought so too because he spoke out about it.

"We won't listen to anyone else."

"Such insolence! All of you are to report her at midnight, you will be punished!" Whoa. . .

"What?! I didn't even take part in this--"

"Silence Elf!" She bellowed. Dang . . .

"Ma'am do you think that Caroline could be excused?" Myles asked. Caroline gave him a shocked look but he smiled at her. My eyes were slowly opening to so many  things that I never noticed before.

"Why?" She asked stoically.

"She took no part in it and she's not at fault." 

The woman looked Caroline over. "She has transformed  infront of humans, that's reason enough for punishment."

"Is it okay if I take a human with me?" Demetrius asked without much concern. Of all of them he seemed the least intimidated by her. I looked at him, alittle puzzled before looking to the Dean. I wondered what her answer would have been.

"No." She said bluntly.

"But Ma'am!" Demetrius protested. He sighed in annoyance then walked over to her and whispered something into her ear. I was surprized that she actually allowed him to. He face lit up.

"Oh well that changes everything!" She exclaimed.

"Really?" I knew I had no place talking in all this but I had to ask. She didn't seem like the type to give in so easily.

"No," Demetrius said, shooting her a look of disdain, "She's lying." I saw Mr. Carlton smirk.

"Dear children I hope this has taught you a valuable lesson." He said.