My New Tutor . . .Great . . .

Chapter 8

The sound of rain hitting against my window woke me. I stared out and found a shocking connection. Today would probably be an awful day! I mean the sun was pretty bright yesterday and now there was this rain, something was definitely up and I wasn't interested in finding out what.

My door swung open slowly and mom walked in. "Jamie wake up, you have school today." She said, pulling my curtains together. 

I groaned as I turned on my side so I could face her. "Mom do I have to go to school?"

"You mean today?"

"No in general." A girl could dream.

She scowled at me. "Yes, now get up." I sighed then reluctantly got up. The second sign that something awful would happen. "Why would you ask that?" Mom asked alittle curious. "Why don't you want to go to school all of a sudden?"

"You wouldn't believe me even if I told you." I muttered under my breath as I began going through my closest. There was no way that I could tell my mom that my new teacher was a Clandestyne who was after me. She probably didn't even know what a Clandestyne was to begin with. 

"What? Honey I would believe anything you tell me." She said reassuringly as she took a seat then patted the spot next to her. I thought it over for a quick second. Maybe she really would have believed me because with all the rules on danger that she had this shouldn't have come to her as a shock. I took the seat offered then took a deep breath.

"Okay, my new French teacher, the one you met yesterday, tried to rape me the other night and just yesterday he beat up Cassidy really badly, there was blood and everything. Then he tried taking me through the classroom window and--"

"Let me rephrase that." Mom interjected. "I will believe anything you tell me except that."

"But mom--" It was the truth!

"No buts, now hurry or I'm leaving you." Before anymore could be said she rose and left me alone in the room. I threw myself back and stared up at the ceiling as I thought about my situation. Whoever said the truth would said you free was a damn liar . . .come to think of it maybe Demetrius made it up.

When mom dropped me off at school I began scopng around for that man. If I could avoid running into him again then all would be good. I opened the umbrella and was about to leave when mom was like: "Bye honey! Try not to use that overactive imagination of yours." Then she practically threw me out of the car and drove off. f I didn't know any better I would have thought that she was trying to get rid of me. 

I walked to my homeroom and was approached by Sarah. She seemed to be able to manage a smile no matter what the weather. 

"Hey Jamie, awful weather don't you think?" She asked with a smile. Yeah I could so tell she was upset by it.

"The universe is trying to tell me that I should have stayed home." I said without much of any emotion.

"Oh come on, you're acting like you don't want to see Mr. Carlton." She teased.

"I don't!" I clarified.

"Right." Came her sarcastic retort.

"Oh be quiet!"

She grinned sheepishly at me. From the corner of me eyes I saw Demetrius enter the room. He didn't have Cassidy with him, then again I didn't expect to see her; not after what happened to her skin yesterday.

"Wow Demetrius did you get red contacts?" Angie asked, positively stunned. Red? Oh no . . .

"Oh my gosh you look so hot in them, they suit you." Brenda added. Then as if they had no common sense what so ever a whole bunch of them began to crowd around him. Didn't they know the dangers of a Clandestyne gone savage?! Damn it why were they so clueless?! Demetrius sighed then stepped around them and took his seat. This was definitely not a morning for jokes around him. Sarah and I made our way over to him.