Chapter 12

Savannah gazed out the window at the snow on the ground. It start snowing after Onyx went to get supplies. She didn't like the cold. Everytime when it gets cold she flew to a tropical climate.

She can't do that here.

She close her eyes and think of Hawaii. She and her friends usually spend summers there. Her parents own property there so it was a good get away.

This get away is permanent and she's stuck in the cold. She's having a lovely and hate relationship with this planet.

"What you thinking about?"

"Onyx!"

This man want to send her right an early grave.

"I'm thinking of all the ways I can come back to haunt you after you kill me by just popping up."

"What's the fun in letting you know when I'm here?"

She turn to face him, resting her hands on his chest. "So how did it go?"

"OK for the most part."

"Mhm. Any news about Earth?"

"Good news actually. There are survivors on Earth. Your military set up camps and rescued as much survivors as they possibly can."

"So my family could still be alive."

"There's hope Savy."

She throw her arms around him, tears coming to her eyes.

She pull away and wipe her eyes. "So what are you going to do?"

"We're going down."

"I'm coming."

"And of I said no?"

"There's no no about this. I just want to see my family again Onyx."

"Then we have to prepare you for the worst."

"Thank you."

"Anything for you."

Her family could be alive. She's hanging onto the little hope she felt.

"Have you eaten?"

"Yeah. It's boring around here."

"Well enjoy it while it last. Soon there will be so much activity that you can't find time to breathe."

"Up." Onyx lift her up and carry her to the the living room. "I like this better."