Chapter 29

Contractions woke Savannah up. It starts small then it has her toes curling.

The bedroom door open and a sweaty out breath came in.

"Are you OK?"

"Just contractions."

"Is the baby coming?"

"Yeah."

Onyx grab her hospital bag that she insist on packing and them lift her out of bed.

He walk out of the house and get in the ship. He set her on a comfortable seat and start the ship.

"Do you need anything?"

"I'm good." She stand and start walking around. She walk in small circles and take deep breaths.

They got to the hospital and the doctor was waiting. Onyx must have contacted him.

Her water broke the minute she was through the door.

"Your doctor is waiting to do the surgery so change and we'll come and get you."

Onyx take the ugly gown and help Savannah dress.

"God damnit!"

"It will be over soon." He lift her belly to give her a little relief.

"Savannah I'm Dr. Weston."

"Hi." The woman look at Onyx but didn't say anything.

"Let's get you into surgery. Father you have to wait here."

"I'll be ok."

Onyx take a seat and waited. And waited. And waited.

He's been waiting for two hours. His parents show up and his dad was doing small dances in circle.

Dr. Vanshe came out with a huge smile.

"A healthy baby girl."

"Is my wife OK?"

"She's being transferred to a room as we speak. Do you want to see your daughter?"

He nod. He get up and they follow the doctor to the nursery.

"Right there."

He look at his daughter and she look at lot like Savannah except she has his hair and eyes. They were glowing as they look around the new environment.

"Do you have a name for her?"a nurse asked.

"Artemis Sapphire."

"Beautiful."

"I'll like to see my wife."

"The nurse will bring you to her."

He enter the room and Savannah was walking around. They have heal her right up so she didn't have to wait for the stitched to heal.

"Hi!"

"You did it love."

"She's huge!"

The nurse came in carrying their baby. She hand her to Onyx. She stare in awe at his daughter. She was even more stunning up close.

"She's small."

Savannah laugh. She's small in his hands but large in hers. She's a chubby baby.