Chapter 22

"So we're OK to approach."

"Yes. Savannah get through to them. Get people over here. I'm going hunting."

"You're not name the Destroyer for no reason. It's good to know that you're going back into that line of work."

"Well a planet depends on us. I won't be here when you arrive."

"Be safe out there."

"I will." He cut the call and sigh. He look at his blade. His grandfather once wield it and now he does.

Small hands rest on his back. He bask in the silence and her company. They will survive this. He know they will.

"You should get going."

He turn around and look at his beautiful wife.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Come back to me."

"I promise I will." He kiss her before taking up his blade.

Savannah watch him walk out of her sight.

"Be safe."

She lean against the panel and try to control her emotions.

She walk out of the room and off the ship. She pick up her baby sister.

"You've gotten so big haven't you?"

Sienna chew on her finger. She was innocent to all that's happening in the world.

Savannah walk into the tent where her father and the others set up their control station.

"You ok?"

"I'm OK mom."

Savannah hand Sienna over to her before walking back out.

"Savannah."

"Trevor." As bad as it sounds she wish this guy didn't survive. He's the absolute worst.

"Is that how you greet friends?"

"We're not friends and will never be." She walk away from him and back onto the ship. She close the door and take a seat at the control. With the cameras she can see for miles.

She run her hand through her hair as her anxiety spiked. She can't help but be worried. This will be the longest she would go without Onyx for.

It's hard. Too hard.