Chapter 10. Walk

QUILLA

I don’t even know where I’m going.

Lost would be an apt description of where I am both physically and emotionally.

It may have been an hour, maybe less or maybe more, since I walked out of Arden Valley lands, storming blindly through the foreign woods I woke up in. The physical exertion helped to cool my fury somewhat, but the pain in my heart has not dissipated at all.

I would have shifted to wolf to run off my heated emotions but each step I take away from where that lycan Viggo is, Kyra’s objection simmers louder inside me. I don’t trust her not to run us right back to that loco lycan.

I don’t know what to do. I feel like I’ve lost everything, and the only person to blame is a ridiculously sexy lycan who happens to be my mate.

I feel the growing tendrils of the bond tugging inside of me and it makes me feel all the more irritated.

Now if he hadn’t been such a douche maybe I would have been happy about the fact my mate is hotter than pancakes but the fact remains he is an arrogant as fuck asshole, who basically assaulted me.

I kick at a stone and groan as it doesn’t move and pain shoots up my leg.

“Fucking hell!” I growl and limp over to sit on a fallen stump.

“Stupid ass lycan,” I grumble and tug my sneaker off to rub my toe.

“Are we taking a break?” I jolt at the voice of a male who appears out of nowhere.

I recognize him from the living room; the wolf that held Viggo back after I broke his dick.

“Who the hell are you? Are you following me?” I look around wondering how I did not hear him. My jaw drops as a dozen lycans step quietly into view. I’m only guessing they are lycans - they are certainly not wolves. Wolves don’t stand seven feet tall on their hind legs.

They form a not discrete perimeter at a distance and I notice not one of them looks at me.

“Who the hell are they?” I ask the older male who looks like he’s probably in his early thirties with close-cropped tight curly hair, skin as dark as burnt coffee, and stunning gray eyes.

“I am Costas, Alpha Viggo’s Gamma. These are your guards.”

I tilt my head to look at the lycan. As I draw on the power in his scent I know that is what he is.

“And why do I need them? I don’t need protecting, ask your Alpha.” I snap pulling my shoe back on just as my parents arrive. I catch Costas’s tiny smirk before he schools his expression.

“Alpha Viggo asked me to extend his apologies,” Costas says and I scoff.

“I highly doubt that. I doubt he’s apologized to anyone in his life and you’re an idiot for trying to lie for him.” Costas flushes as guilty red as his dark skin allowd, and his eyes look like they are going to pop out of his head. I leave him where he is to walk over to my parents.

“What the hell is all this? I can’t take a walk on my own anymore?” I grumble.

Sebastian looks down at me with a sad expression.

“I know you are upset and you have every right to be. If you would give us some time to explain things to you maybe then it will help you understand what is going on.”

He waves a hand to the wolves guarding the perimeter.

“Try to see things from our perspective. You were missing for sixteen years. Neither Viggo, your mother, nor I will let that happen again.”