Chapter 40. Family

QUILLA

My decision to meet my family came between a long soak in the tub and a short refreshing nap that I woke from with some clarity of mind.

My world was taken over as soon as I told Viggo. He fixed me a snack and while I ate, he ran through the enormous list of my relatives who had arrived. Quite a few are my nieces who are just babies and kids. What got me was that five of my cousins are alpha females like my mom and have either already transitioned to or are in the process of, becoming full-blown Alphas for their packs. Of them all though, there is only one I am eager to meet.

After the exhausting list was gone through, Viggo summoned Sofia and Calliope to the suite and left me in their hands for the real work to begin.

I got my first real glimpse into the level of attention and detail that goes into preparing a Royal for something as seemingly simple as a family dinner.

An elderly omega with a distinguished mustache, slicked-back hair, and a sharp pair of scissors, worked the dead ends out of my hair under the watchful eyes of two stern lycans who stayed the entire time.

Not awkward at all.

When he was done a younger omega pushed in a trolley and I sat for what felt like hours as she brushed and curled my hair into shiny, perfect chocolate waves falling over my right shoulder.

Sophia approved the final look and then dismissed the young hairstylist. Just when I thought the torture was over another she-wolf arrived with yet another tray and by the time my eyebrows were waxed, my eyes poked with pencils, mascara, powders, and goddess knows what else, I was ready to scream.

"That's it, Luna, you're done. Now you just need to dress." Sophia says and I sigh in relief staring up at my stunning caramel-skinned gamma female.

"Thank the goddess, I can't take any more." I groan and Calliope walks in with a tall glass of iced tea which I grab gratefully.

"Use the straw," she warns, "otherwise you'll ruin your lipstick and Sheena will have to come back,"

"Fuck no, please," I grumble and sip carefully from the straw while Sophia lays out my clothes.

I eye up the stocking set with a full garter and belt that she places down next to my dress.

"No." I shake my head. "No damn way. I'll wear the dress, just give me some normal underwear, please. No one is going to see or care what is covering my ass."

Sophia raises an eyebrow and opens her mouth, I raise a hand and stop her.

"Don't even say it. We both know he'd be happy if I wore nothing at all."

"True, but the best part of a gift is unwrapping it," she adds with a wink.

I roll my eyes and she laughs, "Fine, no stockings, how's this?"

She removes the heinous lingerie and all that is left is a strapless bra and panties. Thongs. Which I hate. But considering the dress is form fitting I get the point.

"Better." I agree, just happy for this to be over.

Several minutes later I find myself standing in front of a full-sized mirror barely recognizing the creature staring back.

The dress is a floor-length cream gown with a shoulder-wide neckline, long sleeves, and a gold ribbon belted under my bust. My hair falls in shiny chocolate waves over my right shoulder putting on display Viggo's mark on my left. It's downright scary what has been accomplished here today.

"You look stunning mate,"

I jolt as Viggo steps into the reflection, his massive form blocking out the room behind us. He makes a play of walking around me, nerves twisting in my belly as his gold eyes rake every inch of my body.