Chapter 43. Question

VIGGO

Blood drips from my fur, splattering across the dirt ground. I grunt as Costas lands a powerful, bone-cracking punch under my ribs. My third of the day.

Roaring into the sky I shake off the pain and rush my Gamma. My shoulder catches his belly and I hear a satisfying grunt of pain as I fling him over my shoulder so he slams backward on the ground, bouncing with the force of his landing.

He holds up a palm, and I swat it hard before reaching down again with a huff to help him up.

Are you done? He growls into my link as he inspects his fast-healing injuries. Mine are on par, I note with a satisfied grunt, my ribs already re-bonding.

And if I am not? I growl squinting at my Gamma.

Then you’re shit out of luck. I’m not letting anyone else fight you while you are in this mood, and if you don’t like it, you can find your Luna, get your dick wet, and leave me in peace.

Costas dodges my swinging fist with a chortle and then flits across the field with me in full chase.

My lycans yap and howl as I hound my gamma, catching him with a launching full tackle. We crash to the ground and disappear into a cloud of dust rolling several times, swinging short hard punches at each other, before I manage to get him on his back and straddle him. I draw back my first and send it flying against his jaw with a resounding crack that has his eyes rolling into his head.

As the dust settles, his eyes clear and he reaches up to rub his jaw, glaring at me as I smile back.

Now I’m done. And the next time you speak about my dick, you won’t be speaking for a month.

Thank fuck. He growls and I get off him and help him up again.

The exhaustion and ache in my limbs is exactly what I need. A fucking distraction from the ache and need in my loins that suddenly feels like has no hope of ever being relieved.

Costas and I leave the training grounds while our lycans carry on their late afternoon training.

As we near the Castra, the sound of females laughing in the distance grates my ears. I can’t believe the noise level, considering they are on the other side of the Castra, out of view.

What the hell kind of tea party are they holding and how much longer is it going for? I grumble as we make our way indoors.

Costas grunts with a shrug of his broad fur-covered shoulders. For as long as it takes. Sophia said she would link me when it was nearing an end. That was two hours ago.

I shake my head, frustration building up inside me again. Kyros growls his dissatisfaction.

We have not seen Quilla for close to forty-eight hours, not since the fucking awful dinner two nights ago.

She has been with her family ever since and I am close to kicking them all out of my pack before I kill someone.

Costas. I growl as we reach the bottom of the stairs.

I know, Alpha. He replies. I will do what I can to extract the Luna for a private dinner with you tonight. The Goddess knows I’m not fighting you again tomorrow. I’d like to not go through the full moon repairing broken bones. That’s supposed to happen after.

Make sure you do then. If I don’t see her soon, Kyros is going to do something stupid, I just fucking know it.

Leave it with me to arrange, Alpha. Costas nods and departs and I head straight upstairs in desperate need of a shower and food.