Chapter 17. Room

QUILLA

I flop face down on the luscious bed, my body and psyche wrecked from the long ass drive.

I feel like I've been emotionally pancaked by an asphalt Zamboni. Right now I barely know up from down.

In the peace of the guest suite of the pack we have stopped at for the night, I finally have a moment to myself to truly gauge the extent of the last few days worth of trauma.

I roll over in the bed to stare at the plain white ceiling.

My skin tingles in a way it never has before. I feel Kyra move lazily about inside me as she investigates the mate bond continuing to grow inside of me.

I've tried to ignore it and it helped having my attention focused on my parents and learning as much as possible about the family I never knew I had.

But now, alone in this quiet room the mate bond practically screams at me, and Kyra scratches at my psyche like never before.

"Okay bitch, I'm going," I grumble, knowing exactly what she wants without even knowing how I know. This sudden awareness of my wolf's individuality is beyond bizarre but I've always been a roll-with-the-punches kind of girl so that is exactly what I do.

Rising off the bed I walk to the en suite bathroom flicking on the light to stare at my reflection in the mirror.

With a trembling hand and a heavy sigh, I tug my t-shirt off and swoop my long hair to one side, gasping at the dark, elegant, tattoo-like swirls weaving from behind my ear, down the left side of my neck across my shoulder, and sweeping downward.

"Great balls of fucking fire," I stare, stunned, at the massive as fuck mark.

Viggo might as well have pissed on me while he was at it, the damn thing is huge.

I squint at the stray vine-like swirl curling above my breast disappearing into the cup of my bra.

"Oh for fucks, sake," I reach behind me to unclasp my bra, my jaw dropping as I peel it off.

The offending vine curls around the side of my breast and underneath framing my left breast to end smack bang in the center of my chest with a distinct curling V.

"You have got to be kidding me,"

A fucking V.

For Viggo.

"How about very, very, fucking, dead," I mutter, reaching up to touch the monstrosity in the center of my chest only to gasp as hot tingles sizzle straight down to my damn vagina.

"By the gods!" I cup myself to contain the sweet throb between my legs, glaring at Viggo's mark in the mirror.

"So fucking dead," I swear.

I glare at my reflection as a multitude of emotions storm inside me. Anger and outrage clash with fear and outrage culminating in an outpouring of frustrated tears.

I wipe them away angrily stepping away from my offensive reflection to strip and head for the only thing that is likely to soothe my turbulent spirit.

I'm almost a prune when my ears catch a familiar sound in the bedroom that has me rushing out of the shower. Wrapping a towel quickly around me I follow the sound and grab my phone out of my bag while dripping on the floor.

A massive smile breaks across my face as Jensen's handsome face appears on the caller ID.

"Miss me already?" I choke down the crackling line as I collapse on the edge of the bed, tears choking my throat as I hear my brother's voice. I'm just glad there's even reception in this pack, wherever the heck we are.