Chapter 36. Peace

VIGGO

My mate sleeps peacefully in my arms and the completeness I feel is incomparable.

Around us, the forest nightlife lulls quietly, while Kyros growls loudly in my head.

I've pushed aside his demanding desire to mate Quilla and his unhappiness burns inside me. My still excited cock throbs equally unsatisfied, but it is nothing I cannot handle; I have been for years.

Having fucked up her marking I am focused on ensuring our mating is exactly what Quilla wants.

Fucking her off the back of a trauma-filled day is not what I want and despite the need screaming in her flesh, I'm sure it's not what she wants either.

The temperature in the forest drops and I ruffle my fur making sure her naked flesh is warm. She curls tighter in my lap, her breath puffing gently against the fur on my chest.

I hate to wake her but it will only get colder as the night progresses and Kyros demands I placate him with a hunt.

If he cannot fuck her, he will kill for her.

We picked up the scent of a young buck on our way to the pool and he has his mind set on feeding his mate. I will get no peace from him until this happens.

Careful not to wake her, I rise off the forest floor holding her tight to my chest as I head back to the Castra.

Only a few minutes in of walking, the motion makes Quilla stir. Her eyes open sleepily, then close again, only to flick wide in surprise as she registers it is Kyros carrying her.

"Where are we going?" She asks with a yawn and presses her bare body closer to his fur.

She yelps as I shift back to skin mid-stride, jostling her slightly.

"Gods, Viggo."

"Sorry, it's easier to talk this way," I explain continuing toward the Castra.

"Perhaps, but it's colder too. You could have woken me to dress you know. How about you put me down and let me shift." she suggests.

I squeeze her tighter to me.

"Our clothes were ruined and I like this better," She rolls her eyes.

"Of course you do, but we are about to walk into the Castra naked. I don't want anyone seeing me like this." She frowns with a glare at my bare chest, "Or you," she adds with a flash of possessiveness in her eyes.

I chuckle lightly, "Everyone is asleep and I have already linked the guards to steer clear, no one will see us."

I can tell she is still unhappy and her arms cross over her luscious breasts as we break out of the forest line into the gardens.

She frowns up at me. "Next time link them to leave us some clothes out instead, my ass is cold," she grumbles.

"Noted, my Luna," I nod with a quiet smile at her unconscious order. She yelps again as I shift her in my arms so her chest presses against mine and said cold ass is in my arms with her legs around my waist.

"Viggo, seriously!" She protests at the sudden movement.

"Just keeping your ass warm," I smile over her shoulder as I walk on and up the Castra stairs heading inside.

This was a really stupid idea. She's right, we should shift, but I am fully addicted to the feel of her skin on mine.

Everywhere we connect, warmth floods our bond and Quilla groans into my shoulder, her breasts and hips press against me, and desire begins to heat again between us.