Chapter 38. Brunch

QUILLA

I don't know why I feel so nervous as Hector opens the door to the breakfast, bowing deeply before he closes the door behind me.

Maybe because it's not every day I have a male plant his face between my legs with such fantastic results.

My face burns as I step into the room but my embarrassment is fast forgotten as I'm swamped by the delicious aroma of roasted venison.

My stomach noisily announces its thorough approval as I scan the heavily laden dining table.

"What did you do Viggo? Raid the entire forest?"

"I'm glad you are hungry mate," Viggo chuckles from where he stands at the head of the table, his arms crossed behind him as he stands over the banquet before us.

I make my way over to him, containing my salivation, grumbling belly, and hormones.

My heart hammers as I get closer, walking slowly, conscious of his sweeping inspection of my attire. His approval glows in his golden eyes and his heady smokey scent thickens with the lust I recognize is never far from the surface. Another very different hunger stirs deep inside me. Every tantalizing moment from last night plays across my mind and I suddenly have a one-track mind.

"It's a bit much for breakfast don't you think?" I attempt to redirect my thoughts as I reach Viggo.

My vision fills with his divine presence. Dressed in his usual immaculately tailored button-down and dress pants, I wonder for a moment what he would look like in jeans and a tee. I can't even imagine it. It's just not Viggo.

"Nothing is too much for you mate." His eyes caress my dress again, "You look beautiful. Clothed and unclothed." he adds with a smirk.

Before I can comment, he sweeps his hand across the table with a measure of pride in his golden eyes.

"I was reminded yesterday that I had let a few Lycanos traditions lapse so I am rectifying my errors. Your first proper meal here should have been from my kill, and Kyros was rather motivated last night," he smirks again.

Goodness, he's in a cheerful mood today.

I feel my cheeks flush but my eyes skim his handsome face and I can't resist stepping close to him and drawing on his scent.

"Motivated huh? I thought he was horny," I bite my lip and Viggo clicks his tongue, reaching to slip his hand into mine drawing me to close the space between us.

His other hand sinks into my hair.

"That he was."

His golden eyes scan my face with that small smirk tweaking the corner of his mouth again.

"Is." He corrects. His eyes glow with Kyros's agreement. His pheromones thicken with lust and my heart virtually leaps into my throat as Viggo scans me from head to toe.

"You know, I can feel it through the bond when you pleasure yourself; you have no idea what it does to me," he whispers into my ear.

I groan, my face burning. Where is that damn hole when I need it? Deciding bravado is my only escape I hold his heated gaze.

"Hardly polite to bring that up at breakfast, your etiquette training is seriously lacking." I throw my nose in the air attempting a haughty air as I tug my hand out of his.

His grip on my hand only tightens and his smile widens.

"I was a terrible student. I ran from as many lessons as I could to run the woods, I may have missed that one. Forgive me, my Queen."