Chapter 11. Back

VIGGO

"Where the fuck do they think they're going?" I growl as I watch the lead escort vehicle drive off with my mate inside.

Costas hops in the front passenger seat and our driver gets us moving after them. "Luna order. They didn't have a choice." Costas says with a weary sigh.

I know his underlying frustration is with me.

"Just say it," I growl, sitting back with resignation.

Costas turns in his seat to face me, throwing me a fierce glare in the way only my Gamma can. "With respect Alpha, you're a moron."

I have to hold back Kyros from reacting to such uncharacteristic disrespect from Costas because I know he's right.

"I gather she's still mad?" I remark and Costas stares at me like he's going to pop an artery.

"Well if the door in your face didn't tell you that, I thought her fist in your dick would have."

I growl at the reminder of my mate's violent reaction this morning.

Part of me is still chafing with embarrassment that she caught me off guard the way she did, but mostly I'm just so fucking turned on.

How little she understands that violence is the love language of a lycan.

Quilla's little outburst may have hurt my dick but one punch had Kyros wrapped in her fist and he has something else he'd like to have her wrapped around. I groan internally as he throws me a mental image of exactly what he has in mind.

My thoroughly enamored lycan is going to be the death of me, but I have to admit I am one hundred percent with him on this.

Carrying Quilla back to Arden Valley gave me ample opportunity to examine my mate's luscious curves. She's a completely fascinating contraction.

Tiny, by any standards she could pass for a tall child with her tiny frame. Except for the fact she has firm full breasts almost disproportionately large on her frame, and her firm waist flares into lush hips and an ass rounded to perfection. My mouth waters thinking about sinking my teeth into her and tasting the life soaring in her blood. Goddess help me, her hair! Long and thick, carrying her addictive dewy scent, I spent the entire night dreaming of drowning myself in the mass of chocolate silk saffron.

"Hey Alpha, we get you're glad to have the Luna back, but you wanna tone it down for our sake please."

Costas complains from the front and our driver clears his throat. Tugging my collar to cool the heat constricting my throat, I drag myself back to reality as soon as I realize I have flooded the cabin with my arousal. 

I shrug it off with a measure of pride and satisfaction I can't hide, relaxing in the back seat. This is my mate bond at work and I've waited longer than any wolf I know for this day. I revel in the power my mate has over me.

"I hate to break this to you Alpha but the Luna is more than mad at you, she's livid, and you know who her mother is right? Alpha Neo is just as pissed. You've got two Alpha females who kind of hate your guts right now so I think you need to cut back on the daydreams and work on a plan to get back in the Luna's good books." Costas says drily.

I hear what he says, but I'm not even slightly concerned.

"I disagree, Costas. The mate bond exists for a reason. She will come around."

I ignore his scoff and keep my eyes focused forward never leaving the vehicle in front that carries my mate home to Lycanos.

A strange peace settles inside me. The exhaustion and resignation that had begun to weigh in my soul, over my missing mate and the long years spent in search of her, ease from my bones.