Chapter 27. Celine

QUILLA

I am not capable of wanting or loving anyone but you.

The intensity of Viggo’s words, and the heat in his eyes as he kneels before me leave me breathless and my mind a whirl.

I just cannot keep my bearings with this lycan. He evokes such extremes of emotions in me I can’t tell from one second to the next if I want to kill him or kiss him again.

My body begins to tingle and shiver with the aftereffects of the adrenaline rush and sit on my hands to steady myself but mostly to keep Kyra from jumping the damn lycan.

The Gods need to send me some damn divine intervention, Viggo’s insanely perfect naked body is fully imprinted in my brain and Kyra is going into a full-blow swoon over him. Even now fully clothed my eyes stray to what I know is under those sweats.

One hundred percent pure temptation wrapped in muscle, power, and raw sex appeal.

Ugh.

“Please go back to your seat, I can’t think when you’re this close. Is it hot in here?” I huff, and his eyes widen in surprise before a smile tweaks the corner of his lips.

“Apologies mate, let me get you something to drink,” he says with a bow of his head retreating to the kitchen and I breathe a little easier.

I take the break to examine the small room we are in.

All the luxury of the fine furniture and creature comforts of the studio-style room that cannot hide that this room is designed to keep someone locked in, and others out. The large steel door screams prison and all of a sudden the reality of where we are sets in and a nervous shiver runs up my spine.

Viggo strides purposefully to the small kitchen, opens a fully stocked fridge, and returns to hand me a can of soda.

He seems to sense my apprehension as I take the offered can and squats in front of me, one hand cupping my knee.

“You’re safe Quilla, this is just a precautionary measure. The entire pack is being locked down, Costas will interrogate every single wolf that was in the Castra the last thirty-six hours, they will review all our security footage and we will find who went into the suite. I promise you, no one will hurt you while I have breath in my body.”

For all the wrong Viggo has done to me so far, and despite how infuriating he is, there is a part of me that believes the depth of his words.

They carry a promise I’ve only ever believed in another male. Udyr.

“Thank you,” I whisper, sitting back, feeling calmer.

I look around the spacious studio room. There is one large king bed, an open living room and kitchen, and a door that leads to the bathroom he changed in.

Suddenly my thoughts swing as far away from our dilemma and Kyra wags her tail quite pleased with the situation we find ourselves in. She plants some very inappropriate thoughts in my head, all inspired by Viggo’s damn streaking.

This is not good.

I kick her back and clear my suddenly dry throat. The can of soda in my hand pops and fizzes as I open it up and refocus myself on the burning question in my mind that so far Viggo has not answered.

“So Viggo, who is she?”

I sense resignation in him as he returns to his seat and rests his elbows on his knees, to stare at the floor.

“Her name was Celine. She was the daughter of a lycan Alpha from a European pack. Lycanos is the only lycan pack in the Americas, but there are other packs across that continent.” He pauses for a second then continues as I nod my understanding.