Chapter 15. Road

VIGGO

"I think you did well Alpha. No one died." Costas nods at me only half joking as we finally speed away from that fucking bear town. I never want to see it or those pup-napping bears again.

Once again I find myself glaring at the tail lights of a vehicle carrying my mate away.

She chose this time to travel with Neo and Sebastian in his truck. Pointedly glaring at me as she got into the backseat.

I'm glad she took heed of my warning though.

I don't care if they are my wolves, she gets in another vehicle full of unmated warriors before I've fully claimed her then the blood bath will be on her hands.

Quilla has a lot to learn about lycan traditions especially when it comes to being the Alpha's mate, but I will take great pleasure in schooling her personally. If I can ever get her to stop hating me.

I smile quietly to myself.

She does not completely hate me. I close my eyes for a moment relishing the lust I felt through our bond when she took her shower and pleasured herself.

I never in a million years expected to feel such exhilaration as being able to make my mate come without even touching her.

Just a suggestion through the bond of the deep desire I hold her her was enough.

Kyros is quite pleased with me. No matter how we achieved it the outcome is exactly what was planned.

To get Quilla to Lycanos and now we are finally on that path.

With a contented sigh, I settle back into the seat pulling out my laptop. I might as well get some work in. A nation of werewolves does not run itself.

I scowl at my schedule over the next coming weeks and rearrange as much as I can to free myself up for my mate.

There is much to plan.

Eight days to the full moon is not much time to organize the accession of a Luna Queen but I know as I send off my orders the wheels will be burning in the time it takes to get us home.

The very thought of the full moon makes my blood boil with excitement and Kyros's complete agreement has me shifting in my seat as my dick heralds the news.

There is little I can do about my body's reaction to the mate bond sizzling under my skin. It has a will and a purpose of its own. Instead I focus on the work at hand, my fingers clicking over the keyboard as I send off a multitude of instructions until they feel like they will bleed.

Everything will be perfect for my mate when I bring her home, I will accept nothing less for her.

Hours into the drive my stomach protests and my head begs me for a break. I look up as the convoy ahead slows down.

"Luna is hungry and wants to stretch her legs," Costas explains. Perfect timing.

"Stop at the next diner." I order and shut my laptop down unable to contain Kyros's bouncing eagerness to lay his eyes on our beautiful, firecracker mate again.

The convoy pulls us in at a small roadside diner and my wolves roll out of the vehicles, with complete focus as they spread out in a seemingly casual manner casing the venue before Costas turns to me.

"All clear Alpha,"

"Good, lets eat, I'm starving." I get out just as Quilla does and both my heart and dick do a little dance as her still angry eyes settle on me and her full pink lips purse in the most kissable disapproving pout.