Invest in Love

"Joe! We are celebarting!" Jackson said as they walked into the bar.

"What is it Dr. Avery?"

"My best friends are getting married!" 

"Who is it?" 

"That will be us." Emma smiled holding Charles' hand. She held up her hand to show him the ring.

"Well, the bide and the groom get a drink on the house. What will it be?"

"I will have a vodka soda, groom drinks scotch." Emma smiled. Charles wrapped his arm around her and kissed her head.

Alex sat at the other end of the bar, downing his already third glass of whiskey.

"There you are, congratulations." 

"Thank you." Emma smiled. The couple grabbed their drinks and looked at each other. "To the futre Mr. and Mrs. Percy." She said holding her glass up.

"I will gladly drink to that." Charles said as they clinked glasses. 

"Round of tequila! Actually Em hates tequilla so top shelf vodka for her. On me." Jackson told Joe. 

Not everyone went out. It was the fab four, Derek, Mark, Lexie, Callie and Arizona.

"Thank you Dr. Avery. I love tequila." Callie said. There wasn't enough stools, so Charles stood behind Emma.

"I heard! I heard!" April rushed in. She saw who was all at the counter and froze. 

"April!" Emma smiled as she got up and hugged her best friend. "I was hoping you would come. Look." She held her hand up beaming.

"Charles Percy! This is beautiful." April said as she gawked at the ring. Emma grabbed April's hand as she led her to the counter. 

"Move J." Jackson stood up from his stool and April sat down. 

"Congrats you guys." April smiled at the two. 

"Thanks Kepner." Charles said. 

"Okay! Joe is here with shots. Vodka is for Em." Jackson said, handing the one with no lime to Emma.

"Awe, J you remembered." Emma smiled wide.

"I would like to say a toast." Jackson said. "To Emma and Charles. Two of my best friends. You two never stopped flirting and making goo-goo eyes at each other. The other three of the fab five saw this coming."

"Got that right." Reed agreed. The five friends all laughed as the others smiled at the tight knit friendship.

"To happily ever after." Jackson finished.

"To happily ever after." Everyone repeated. Everyone downed their shots.

"Ooo! Top shelf! Thanks J."

"Next round is on me." Derek said as he stood up.

"How did you guys meet anyway?" Callie asked.

"Med school. We went to uh, Minnesota's med school so not as impressive as most other residents I'm sure but um, yeah. Dated throughout all of that but broke up when we realized we couldn't really do long distance and we didn't know where this career would take us."

"That's so sweet." Arizona smiled. " I love, love." 

Emma couldn't meet her eyes as she took a long swig of her drink, finishing it. 

"Look who I found at the bar." Derek came back with Alex Karev. "Another round to celebrate. This is Joe's special, don't worry Harlow, no tequila."

"Thank you, sir."