Put Me In, Coach

Emma huffed as she laid back on her hotel bed.

"Wait, what?" She asked April. "Pink scrubs? Really? Meredith Grey?" 

"Yes. Oh! And Callie build a neck!"

"What!" Emma sat up. 

"Yes! So please come home now! I know Charles' birthday was rough but Karev is bruting and it's so, so annoying."

"I have a hip replacement tomorrow at Mayo but then I can." 

"Oh, and chief Hunt entered us into the stupid softball thing so get back here. We already started practicing." 

"Softball? Seriously?" 

"Didn't you play?" 

"For a year, at the YMCA. When I was 14." 

She was officialy 12 weeks along. No one but Cristina Yang and Charles' spirit knows. 

"Callie also says you need to get back here. Our boards are coming up and she is worried that you are-"

"I'm still working here. I would have been back sooner if I knew she was going to builld a neck." She mumbled. "Plus, Mayo has talked to me about a potential fellowship."

"What? Emma that is amazing!" 

"Oh is that Em?" She heard Jackson. "Emma Jean! Come home, we need your one year of softball here!" 

"O-Okay, you are now on speaker." April said. "Tell Jackson what you just told me! I will! Mayo is already talking about giving her a fellowship!"

"What! Emma that is amazing!" Jackson beamed.

"It's not an actual offer, just talk of one." 

"It's an actual one. We will take you out for drinks when you get home!" 

"When is that?" Jackson asked.

"Tomorrow afternoon, but guys I don't-"

"On us!" 

"Oh, Em! We gotta go. Incoming trauma. Love you!" Jackson sang.

"Love you guys too!" 

"Love-" The line went dead and Emma knows April is yelling at Jackson for hanging up her phone. 

------------------------------

Emma went straight to the field April sent her when she landed. She was exhausted. Her hip replacement went smoothly, but her flight was the opposite.

"She's here!" Jackson yelled. Emma waved, rolling her suitcase with her. 

"Perfect! I heard you played short stop!" Owen told her.

"For a year, when I was 14." Emma stated. She was grumpy to say the least. 

"I'll take it!" Owen said. She groaned, taking her zip up off and grabbing a spare glove. 

"Hey." Alex smiled running up to her. "How was Mayo?" 

"Fine. You're gross." She cringed at his sweat stains. 

"I missed you too." He teased. She chuckled, shaking her head as she walked over to her spot between first and second. He jogged after her, planting his lips on to hers before going back to playing second. She smiled as Derek was pitching. 

Emma was surprised on how bad everyone was. 

"Damn, I can see why you guys needed me." Emma said as they all got water. "I am somehow the most experienced."