Ready?

Alex was prepared, and excited not tp have to wear a suit tonight. He was into the bedroom of April Kepner to see Emma strapping on sandals with a dress on.

"What are you doing? I was gonna babysit you." She stood up and smoothed out her floor length sage green dress.  "A-Are you sure you're ready for this?" He was trying to ignore the feeling in his stomach.

"I heard you finally got the bullet out." She said. Alex raised his eyebrows. This was the first time he has heard her voice in a month, the first time she was spoken in a month. 

"Uh, yeah. Finally got to the surface. Easy out." Emma nodded.

"I-I thought you were dead." Emma said as her eyes welled up with tears. 

"I'm not. Thanks you you, Grey, and Sloan." 

"I didn't do shit." Emma wiped her tears as she sat back down. Alex sat next to her.

"I heard you held me down so Sloan could work. That's something. That's more than something."  Emma reached over and grabbed a tissue, dabbing her eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this? You don't have to."

"I-I'll be okay."

"Hey." Emma and Alex turned and saw April.

"I gotta go get changed then." Alex stood up and left. 

"You're talking again." April sat next to her. "Jackson is gonna pull the best friend card when he finds out it was to Karev." 

"I thought I watched him die." Emma said. "After I heard Charles get shot I thought I watched him die." 

"I love you, you know that right?"

"I love you to." Emma cried as she hugged the red head. "And thank you."

"For what?"

"Bathing me." Emma said. "Being back in the hospital with everyone was weirdly theraputic. I-I also know Charles is hating me right now for not bouncing back as fast." She tearfully laighed.

"That's a lie." Jackson said. "Good to hear your voice, Em."

"She was just thanking us." April said.

"Charles would be teasing you yes, never hate you." Emma nodded. 

"Reed on the other hand, she is hating you. She was stubborn like that." April said. The three laughed. 

"She was my favorite bitch." Jackson said, causing the laughter to intensify. 

"We gotta stay strong, for them. The fab five." April said. The other two nodded.

"Well, the party starts soon so we should head down." 

"I need to touch up first." Emma said standing up. "I'll meet you down there." 

Emma walked down the hall to the bathroom and opened the door and saw Alex in the middle of putting a new bandage on his scar. 

"S-Sorry." 

"It's fine." She started at the stiches on his stomach. "I'm alive, Emma."

"Yeah. You're alive." She stepped closer to get a closer look at her self in the mirror, wiping the makeup that smudged away. Alex finished cleaning and dressing his wound and put this shirt on. "Um, I'll see you downstairs." 

Emma walked down the steps and the chatter turned to whispers. She took a deep breath and grabbed a glass of white wine. 

"You look nice." Callie told her. 

"Thank you. You too." Callie's smiled widened as she quickly wrapped the girl in a hug." 

"Sorry. Sorry. I just-"