Just Words

Emma sat outside on a bench, the tears she was holding back finally falling. 

"Emma, can we please talk?" She rolled her eyes as Alex sat next to her. 

"I really don't want to talk to you." She cried. 

"Too bad, we are gonna talk-"

"When Lucy's handy work is off your neck then come talk to me."

"I'm an idiot, I get that and I am sorry."

"You could have just talked to me." She finally looked at him. "I-If I wasn't enough for you-"

"You are enough for me! I-I don't know why I did but I do know that I love you!" Emma just looked at him.

"I heard love makes you do stupid things, but I never heard of it leading someone to sleep with someone else." She said as her voice cracked. "Ever since I came to this hospital, I have had nothing but hurt. For a moment, I thought it was all gonna be over. Even after living through a second shooting, surviving it, I thought everything was going to be okay. I had you. Jackson was talking to me again, but then you had to go and do that. I thought the first time we had sex was great-"

"It was!"

"Then why, Alex?" She yelled, standing up. 

"I don't know! I don't have an excuse!" She looked at him. He was serious. 

"I am trying so hard for Callie, to not bitch slap her OB." Alex chuckled. "Do you mean it?" Before Alex could answer, his pager went off.

"It's Torres. Can we-"

"Go, go!" Alex ran inside. 

Emma heard her pager go off. She was surprised to see Dr. Montgomery paging her.

The blonde ran in, down the the scrub room.

"Dr. Montgomery, you paged?" 

"Scrub in, you're helping me with the baby." Emma nodded, grabbing her scrub cap out of her pocket and taking her coat off. "Meet me in there when you're all scrubbed." 

As Emma walked into the room, she heard the monitors beeping rapidly.

"The baby's having decels." Addison called out.

"We need to reverse the heparin and try the percutaneous repair." Owen said.

"What? No." Teddy countered. Everyone began to talk over each other. "I got this!" Teddy said.

"Dr. Altman, step away." Emma watched as Cristina took the lead in cardio. 

"Removing the needle over the guidemire. Catheter." Cristina said. 

"Forecpts. Sunction to Dr. Grey." Derek instructed. 

"It's going in easy. Get the TEE ready." Cristina instructed. 

"Still got active bleeding coming from somewhere." Owen said. 

"Well then let's recheck the retroperitoneum." Bailey said.

"I've got access." Cristina announced. 

"Give me some suction." Derek said. 

"Clamp and give me a tie, please." Owen asked.

"Brain is decompressing." Derek announced.

"Balloon is advanced. Extra-stiff guidewire, please." Emma watched cloesly as the best of the best worked on Callie. 

"Brain bleed as been controlled." Derek announced. 

"Okay, the occluder's in. Turn on the doppler." Emma did as she was instructed.