Have You Seen Me Lately

"You have too many clothes." Alex examined her closet. 

"I can go through some of it, make room." Emma sat criss cross on the bed, taking a gulp out of her oversized water bottle. "Will also be easier when we finally get a bigger place."

"I just need room for the dress shirts, I don't care about anything else." Emma nodded, getting up and walking over to him. 

Her belly was only getting bigger, and she was flaunting it around the apartment. 

Alex looked at her. Dressed in pajama shorts, a sports bra, and a flannel. 

"See, like this? I haven't wore this since I moved to Seattle. Only moved it to move apartments." She grabbed a cold shoulder sweater, throwing it in a box. Alex couldn't help the small smile form as he watched her throw old clothes in a box. "What?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"N-Nothing." He shook his head, hanging his shirts. "Just, never thought this is where I'd be in life." He continued. 

"What? Having a baby?" She asked.

"Yes, actually. I mean I jizzed in a cup with Izzie just in case but I knew nothing would come out of it. I-I didn't want anything to come out of it." 

"You what for Izzie?" Emma asked.

"She had cancer. W-We were married and I really thought she was the one for a minute and I was scared I could never have kids. But then, she left, and I met you-" He looked at the blonde again. "Honestly it isn't the most ideal time with boards coming up and fellowships but, I'm happy that ut;s you carrying my baby. Our baby. I know we can do this." 

He continued to put his clothes away and heard her sniffle.

"I always say the wrong things I-"

"No, no." Emma shook her head. "I just-I am so scared but I love you." She laughed. Alex leaned over to kiss her. 

"I love you too." Emma smiled, throwing another sweater in the box. "Plus, you look wicked hot with our baby belly." Emma laughed, throwing her head back, walking back to her water bottle. 

"So, got any name ideas?" 

------------------------------

"Hello, where am I today?" Emma sang, as she watched April update the OR board.

"No where, yet."

"April, boards are coming up. Don't sabotage me." Emma looked over at Jackson with note cards.

"Ah, 65 year old woman enters the ER in shock. Presents with a pulsatile, expanding abdominal mass. Go." Jackson said.

"Ruptured Triple-A. I would take the patient straight to the OR and access the peritoneal cavity through a vertical midline incision." Emma said.

"Em! I am the one studying."

"Put me on the board then!" Emma gestured to the OR board. 

"Wait, you guys studying for the oral boards in the middle of the day?" Meredith asked, dressed for surgery.

"Just another benefit of having a study buddy."

"Leaving me out." Emma pouted. "Is it because I'm pregnant because I will report-"

"You're an idiot to think that." April told her after she cut her off. 

"I have one, it's just my study buddy is too busy trying to save her stupid marriage to actually help me study." Meredith said. 

"You know what's better than a study buddy? I a study lacky, check this out." Alex whistled at an intern, who rushed over. "Brown haird girl, you're up."