Free Falling

Emma tiredly walked out of the resident's lounge, clipping her badge on her coat as she walked towards the direction of he cafeteria. Today, her fifth and final year of residency officially starts. 

"Good morning sunshine." Emmett walked up beside her. She internally cringed at the sound of his voice. "I got you a bagel." 

"I have my resident breakfast today." Emma told him, not taking the bag out of his hand. "Look, Emmett-" She stopped him. "You are a very nice guy, but I just am not looking for anything right now."

"Emma-"

"I gotta go now." She smiled slightly at him as she kept walking.

"Nice. Way to let him down easy." Alex fell into step with her. She felt her face heat up.

~ A Few Nights Ago~

"Cheers." Emma smiled, holding her glass up.

"Cheers."

The two downed the shots, Emma cringing at the dark bitter liqour.

"God how do you drink that?" She gagged.

"It hits faster than your cheap vodka." She just looked at him.

"Is there anything else going on with you?" Alex glanced her way, catching her brown doe eyes. 

"Nope." He answered, holding up two fingers to Joe.

Before she knew it, she and Alex were stumbling into a cab.

"I can't believe you told her to go to hell." She laughed as she leaned back into the seat, giving the driver her address. "That is all I have been wanting to say to that bitch." Alex laughed too.

"Don't know what I was thinking with that one."

"You were horny!" She laughed, throwing her arms up. The driver looked back in the mirror at them. "You were being a classic high school boy. Except you are a full grown man." 

It didn't take long for the yellow cab to pull outside the main enterance of her apartment building.

"Thank you, sir." She unbuckled, opening the door. She looked at Alex who didn't move. "Come on." 

"What?"

"Come on." She repeated, finally getting out of the car. Alex still hadn't moved by the time she reached the otherside fo the car. She opened the door. "Come. On." 

Alex followed her up to her apartment, staying a few steps behind her. He watched as her hips swayed with confidence as she walked to her door. With an alcohol clouded mind, he reached up and put his hands on her hips. 

Emma felt a smile tug on her lips as she put her key into her door. Alex attached his lips to her neck causing her to sigh happily and relax into him. 

"I missed you." She whisperd. It came out slurred but he knew exactly what she was saying. 

"I missed you too." He mumbled into her neck. Her knees went week as he reached to open the door. 

The two stumbled into the apartment. Emma wasted no time to turn around and attach her lips to his. Alex kept walking, taking his jacket off and throwing it to the floor. 

Emma sat back on to the bed, breaking for air and taking her sweater off to reveal her black sports bra. She reached for the hem of Alex's shirt and began to pull it up. The two shirtless doctors fell back on to her bed, wasting no time gettinf the rest of their clothes off.