Changes

Nine  days.

Nine days before what was supposed to be the happiest day of her life, her life was over. 

Emma laid in bed, dried up tears caked her face as she faced Jackson's closet. 

She was paralyzed. She has been unable to move since the shooting. Jackson and April had to make sure the girl ate, bathed, and went to the bathroom. She basically required around the clock care. 

"Hey Em," Jackson came into his room and sat near her feet. "I'm heading to work, April will be here though okay?" The blonde stayed silent, her eyes not moving. He sighed, patting her leg before leaving the room.

~Nine days Earlier~

"We are in the home stretch!" Emma beamed, her hand clasped in Charles' as they walked into the hospital together. "Nine more days!" She practically squealed.

"And I'm on Bailey's service today. This day truly can't get any better." Charles said. 

The couple walked into the resident's lounge and Emma gasped.

"No way!" She rushed over to her cubby seeing a new white coat. She looked at the stitching. Dr. Emma Percy M.D. "Look! Look! Look!" She pushed in Charles face. 

"Looks almost as good as it sounds." 

"Would it be bad luck to wear it now? Like, it's nine days." 

"I don't see the old one anymore so you don't have a choice." April walked in and smiled at the two.

"Look! New coat." Emma said shoving it on to April and begining to change.

"You still have nine days." 

"Well, they already took my old one so." The maroon sweater was replaced with her blue scrub top. "So, I get to practice my new introduction early." 

"It's the perfect day for it since you're in the ER" April told her. Emma couldn't help but do a happy dance.

"All right!" Emma clipped her badge onto her coat. "I will see you people later. I love you." She told Charles, kissing his lips.

"I love you too Dr. Percy." She gave him a bright smile as she walked down to the clinic. 

She got into the elevator and saw Reed and Callie.

"Reed! Look." She showed her her coat.

"But the wedding isn't for another nine days." 

"Shut up!" Emma laughed. "I am practicing." Reed shook her head with a laugh.

"Well, you best have Love Drunk on the playlist." 

"You already said that and it already is." 

"Hey, Dr. Harlow would you like to be with me today?" 

"Dr. Torres, you never have to ask because the answer is always yes." Callie smiled.

"Great answer, follow me." The blonde smiled as she walked behind her role model. "Karev, what do you have?"

"Jason Perkins, six-years-old with a comminuted tibia frature. And you could be nicer to me, 'cause he peed his pants and I cleaned it up before you got here."

"Sorry. Good man, Alex. Thanks." Emma laughed. "Harlow, feel free to practice the new name but let's roll." 

"Hi." Arizona said, smiling at the group. "What new name?" 

"Nine days." She sing songed, flaunting her new coat. 

"Harlow, I said let's roll." 

"Oh, can I talk to you later?" She asked Alex.