Do You Believe In Magic

Emma pinned her ring to the inside of her scrubs, glancing over at Alex who prepared himself a cup of coffee. She was beaming after last night, a smile never leaving her face. But Alex said that they should keep it on the low so it wasn't a 'distraction'. She slipped her coat on over her scrubs as she walked over to Alex.

"I'll see you later." She smiled, leaning up to kiss his cheek. Alex watched as the blonde left the attending's lounge, a crooked smile on his face. 

"You two are so in love, it's disgusting." Cristina said, taking a bite of her protein bar.

"You're just mad you couldn't be a good surgeon while married." Alex mumbled, the comment going unherad.

Emma glanced down at her pager that began to beep. Her smile only grew as she rushed down the hall.

"Mer! Hey what-whoa." Emma pushed passed the woman in a red sequin dress.

"Yeah." Meredith nodded at her. "It looks like the pelvis is involved. We'll get more x-rays in the OR."

"Yeah, you clearly have bigger fish to fry." Emma gawked at the wound Heather Brooks was applying pressure to. "What happened?" 

"Chainsaw magic trick gone wrong." 

"I couldn't hear Titanic." The man in a tux spoke up.

"The song?" Emma asked.

"No, it's our safe word and I yelled it, like, a hundred times when the spring flap wouldn't open." The other woman cried.

"Shut up, Cherise. You don't reveal the secrets-"

"Someone get them out of here!" Emma called out.

"You know, Brooks is on my moyamoya case, but if you need her here-" Derek suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Well, I have Ross, and I paged Bailey, so you can take her." 

"What?" Heather gasped. "She's cut in half! This is gonna be amazing!" 

"Bye Brooks!" Emma sarcastically said. Shane was quick to take Heather's spot.

"I got paged!" Richard ran to catch up to the gurney.

"Chainsaw to the abdomen." Emma told him.

"Yeah?" 

"I paged Bailey." Meredith said. 

"Yeah, I have Bailey's patients."

"What? Still? But she's infection-free. Clear to operate." The man just looked at her. "Okay, well, page me when she's stable enough for x-rays!" She shouted as the elevator door closed.  She turned around, looking at the frantic eyes staring at her.

------------------------------

Emma squinted the the x-rays of the chainsaw victim, Kayla's, scans.

"Hey. Whoa, what is that?" Alex looked at the scans.

"Chainsaw lady." Emma mumbled. "I need to plate the fracture but Mer and Webber on in the OR with her right now. I doubt she'd even pull through." She sighed, looking over at him. He held out a cup of coffee to her, which she gratefully accepted.

"Well, at least you have a good case. My day is a dud."

"Are you actually wishing for sick kids?" 

"Maybe not sick ones-" Alex shrugged. Emma chuckled, shaking her head as she took a sip of her beverage. 

"Even with all this excitement, I still think we should have taken the day off."

"Why?" Emma twisted her chair to face him, setting her coffee down. She leaned forward to cup his face.