7

I kicked my feet as the cold water fulfilled my body, woah, this was a refresher. But as I floated to the top of the surface, two hands made their way on either sides of my waist, taking me slightly aback.

He lift me up, allowing me to grasp back onto the dock and sit on it. I was soaked, all my clothes were wet and cold.

But with no doubt, the heat would definitely warm me back up.

The man got out himself, sitting beside me, water pouring out of his light clothes. His clothes stuck to his skin, showing a faint trace of his very lean abdomen.

Damn. Men like this existed in Jeju?

I looked at him, longish blonde hair, full pink lips and water dripping down his face and down to his toned neck, his eyes were round, full of life and excitement.

"Hey! What the hell were you thinking?" His deep voice took me aback, for some reason, I didn't expect him to have a voice like that.

"Wh- huh?" I snapped myself back to reality, looking at my wrists. I realised something was missing, my bracelet.

I immediately looked around the dock, my precious bracelet. It was supposed to bring me good luck, but at the moment, It was bringing me little to no luck.

But even so, it was something precious to me.

"Are you okay??? Do you know where you are?!" The guy waved his hand in front of my face, and I snapped my neck back to look at him, slightly agitated.

"Yes I do know where I am!!" I snapped back, accidentally a little too harsh that it even shocked me, "Where the fuck is my bracelet?"

The man looked around, completely unphased by my panic and frustration.

"What bracelet? Is that your main focus right now??" He asked me, raising his brows lightly at my priorities.

"What else would be when you made me fall in the water and lose my bracelet??" I groaned, accepting that it must've fallen in the water.

"You were literally about to jump in." He stated, and I shot my head to look at him, furrowing my brows in disbelief.

"You..? Thought I? Was going to jump in???" I gave a scoff, unbelievable. He stared at me, dumbfounded.

"You weren't?" His words slowed down a little, realising his mistake.

"No?! And now you've made me lose my lucky bracelet." I complained, groaning out of frustration.

I stood up, putting my shoes on and dragging my suitcase behind me. Great, well this was a good start already.

The guy followed behind quickly, walking beside me as water dripped off the two of us.

"Heyyy, sorry about that. I thought you were trying to drown yourself." He explained, and I just gave him a glare, "I could buy you another one?"

I stopped, staring at him deadly serious.

"It's not gonna be the same even if you buy me the exact same bracelet." I sighed, continuing to walk wherever.

"Alright, fine, where do you live? I'll help you unpack." He offered, and I just slowly turned my head to look at him, was he being serious right now?

"First of all, why the hell would I let a stranger in my house, second of all I don't live here." I bitterly responded, he gave a chuckle, a small smile reaching his face.

"I can tell by your attitude, you're definitely from Seoul." He skipped ahead, so proud of himself. I furrowed my brows, finally realising his blatant insult.

I ran up to him, catching up to him as we walked towards some kind of market area.

"What do you even mean by that?" I asked him, slightly offended by his comment.

"Oh look who's here." He smiled mockingly, staring at my face for a second, then he looked forward, "Well, judging by your harshness at first meeting, you're very clearly from Seoul. And also the suitcase too.."

"Okay, well I have a very valid reason to be harsh at first meeting, you got me all wet. And not only that, made me lose something valuable." I sulked, still staring at my bare wrist. Now it felt like something was really missing.

"Oh come on, my intentions were pure." He strolled around, greeting some older ladies nicely as I just looked around, confused.

"Sure they were." I rolled my eyes, despite not knowing him, I still followed him.

"Do you need a place to stay? I know a woman who has a spare room." He smiled gingerly at me, and I looked at him, about to reject his help - but then realising - I actually have nowhere to stay.

"Hm, sure."