39

I think it was roughly two minutes and thirty eight seconds.

Two minutes and thirty eight seconds and I heard rummaging from the downstairs of the boat. At first, my heart almost dropped to my feet, wondering who the fuck that was, but as footsteps climbed up to the deck, and that familiar sweet, musk fragrance encapsulated around me.

I knew that I was safe no matter what.

Niki sat beside me, heaving a large sigh.

"Why do you look so tired, you were gone for less than five minutes." I chuckled at his exaggeration.

"Less than five minutes is enough for Saeron to tire you completely out." He gave an exasperated exhale, "She was talking about going for food together at this time, seriously, I don't even think any stores aside from convenience stores are open." 

I stared at him as he leant his head back, enjoying the occasional breeze that fluttered through the air. Wow.

This man was wow.

He opened his eyes, turning his head to look over at me with a light smile. This was the guy that made my heart feel weak.

"So it was Saeron, right?" He inquired, although he knew the answer.

"If I say yes, she might just slaughter me, so infer it for yourself." I told him, chuckling as he gave me a cute smile.

I looked up, staring at the various dotted specks in the sky. They shone, glimmered and sparkled just like Niki's eyes.

"Wow, can't believe she won't even let me talk to the girl I want." Niki abruptly said, so nonchalantly that my brain almost just processed it as something normal.

Til I realised that he said something completely new. I shot my head to look at him, his head slowly turning to look at me.

"..What?" My mouth dropped a little, unsure if I heard wrong or what.

"What? Are you surprised?" Niki let out a quick laugh, "I thought it was obvious."

I was still speechless, not sure of how to exactly reply to this. I wanted to tell him that he wasn't alone with his feelings, that I shared the exact same feelings too, but the haunting feeling of going back to Seoul in the matter of weeks leered over my shoulder.

Instead, I just stared at him for a good while, in silence.

"Do you need me to clarify what I just said? I understand that people from Seoul are a little slow." Niki jokingly added the Seoul insults that he hasn't used in ages.

A very short chuckle left my lips, still astounded and shocked over the sudden confession.

"Niki.. Are you even hearing wh.." My words were slow, and my brain even slower, maybe he was right about the Seoul thing. I couldn't even finish my sentence.

He turned his head to look at me, the wind lightly breezing over the two of us. His pink lips looked soft and his eyes even softer. He had this, unexplainable but comforting gaze written in his eyes.

"I love you Yeojin." As he said that, he didn't look away from me, my heart throbbed up to my throat, "I get it if you're not into me bu-"

"No-! I am-! But-" I randomly blurt out, slapping my hand to my lips immediately after. Niki gave a smirk, then a laugh at me.

"But what?" He raised a brow, wondering what I was going to say.

I was supposed to mention to him that I was leaving Jeju in around four weeks. Four weeks isn't that long, and I wasn't planning on staying in contact with anyone here.

Matter of fact, I didn't think I'd return here initially.

I swallowed the beating of my heart away, trying to quickly debate in my head, whether it'd be a good time to tell him or not. I would eventually have to, but right now? In this moment?

"But I'm nervous about Saeron." I used another excuse instead, cursing myself internally after I just heard what came out of my mouth.

Niki gave a scoff, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Saeron? What will she do? Try and deport you back to Seoul, not a chance." He gave a caring smile, his smile just seemed to erase every problem I thought I had.

Yet there was still this aching part of my heart, yearning for me to tell him that I was leaving soon, but for some strange reason, I just couldn't muster the courage to even do so.

Each day that passed, and each day that I didn't tell him, just caused that pain to grow more.

"I mean, yeah, maybe." I gave a nervous chuckle, staring out into the stars, "What would you do if she actually did though." I tried to subtly intertwine my worry with the topic of Saeron deporting me to Seoul.

"I'll search the entirety of Seoul if I have to, and best believe, I'm going to drag you by the hair, back to Jeju." Niki gave a small laugh, his words made me laugh too, "Not just that, I'll make sure you're living with me, it'll be like a jail cell. I refuse to let you out."

I laughed at his comments, hoping that he'd actually find me again when I leave.

"You better keep your promise if she does." I swallowed the bitter, hard ache away, trying to make this situation seem lighthearted and sweet.

"I promise to find you again." Niki looked over at me, giving a smile.

--

hey guys...... so news........

unfortunately because i am evil and i haaaateeee seeing happy people

these happy moments wont last for long......

use ur own imagination with that.........

LOL

love u guys AAAAAA

WILL UPDATE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOON