36

Saeron continued to look forth, pursing her lips to speak, and finally.

"I don't want you near Niki anymore." The words that came from her mouth made me almost burst out into laughter, what the hell was she even talking about?

How could she, singlehandedly, make me stop seeing Niki.

"Uh, what?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but still, kept my composure intact, even while drunk.

She finally looked at me, with a look that was easily as cold as Niki's. Her eyes were like a warning, she was fully serious about what she had just said.

"Speaking to him, hanging with him, staying at his house. I don't want you to do that." She reiterated what she wanted, and I just looked at her, in pure disbelief and audacity.

"You know you can't just say that, the world doesn't work in your favour." I told her, giving a scoff and folding my arms.

"Well then make it work in my favour." She turned to look at me, the sharp gaze of hers against mine, "I've known Niki for almost my whole life. I've been here since the very start, and you come along from Seoul. One day, and he's so into you. I have loved that guy for years on end, and I thought I was getting somewhere, til you came." Her words were very harsh, bitter, and she lacked any remorse.

I had nothing to say, my mouth agape slightly.

"Saeron, it's not my fault that he doesn't like you." I responded back, it was not fair how she was telling me to do something like this.

At my words, she gave me another menacing glare, completely full of envy and anger.

"It is your fault." She retort, "I promise you this, if you don't stay away from him. You will be begging to go back to Seoul."

Her words sent a cold shiver down my spine, completely heartless words coming from her. I had nothing to say, actually nothing. I was both in shock, and total confusion.

Maybe she was just drunk, but then again, I wasn't so sure.

Without being said, I left. I walked away. The silence was horrible, and I just felt so unwell from that conversation with her.

I didn't hear her voice calling back for me, but what I did feel, was that gaze of hers - staring at me as I walked off. Even if I didn't see her face, and even if I was walking away without back, I could feel that burning stare through my body.

It was not a good feeling.

Instead, I took her words into consideration, debating whether I should come back to the table or not. Truthfully, I wanted to go back to Niki now, I didn't want to go home, but since she essentially threatened me, I made my way home - sluggishly and dragging my feet along the concrete.

-

A FEW DAYS LATER

I had been avoiding Niki like crazy recently, I'm guaranteed he's noticed it. And I have no shame in purposefully walking the other way if I see him heading towards me.

I can't say that it doesn't kill me, not being able to be around him for zero reason, or not being able to talk to him, laugh with him, hear his voice.

It's fucking evil.

But, every morning, waking up in Saeron's house is a pure reminder, that I am playing a game with fire. Then again, I suppose in the long term it's easier to leave Jeju for Seoul again.

It'd hurt me and Niki, both less.

I sighed, I didn't even have long left in Jeju left anyways. The second month of summer was almost closing to an end.

Jinyoung was heading back to Seoul today, and he requested for me to see him off. Of course, being the good friend I was, I made my way to the place where he told me to see him off.

Within the time he was here, I couldn't even see Jinyoung that much, since wherever he was, Niki and Saeron both were. I had to keep myself busy most of all, and that seemed impossible when I had no job, and was purely here for the fun of it.

I groaned, leaving the house to go and see Jinyoung for the last time in a while. The house was empty, Saeron left earlier today, probably to go help with some restaurant affairs.

I dragged my feet, not really wanting to go, however, I guess it was always something to pass time - and even avoid Niki for that case.

I made it over to the place where I was supposed to be, looking around the cafe.

"Yeojin! Over here!" Jinyoung waved with a bright smile, I turned around, about to head towards the table, til I saw Niki and Saeron.

Saeron stared at me, fire coursing through her pupils as I stopped walking, my smile fading slowly.

Niki stared at me with confusion, I bet he was so confused, but despite that, the sparkling in his eyes remained.

I wasn't sure what to do at this case, I didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to stay.

So I just picked at random in my brain, ending up leaving in such a hurry. Leaving in such a hurry made me realise that I actually didn't want to be there anyways.

I just stormed away from the cafe, pacing my steps pretty hurriedly. I was even contemplating running but I felt as if that'd be too much now.

My heart was aching, beating out of my chest quickly. Just seeing Niki's face with such confusion and hurtfulness made me feel so ashamed and rude.

I swallowed hard, trying to get rid of my feelings by cycling Saeron's words in my head, til I was cut out of my thoughts, a hand assertively grabbing my hand. It had a tight grip, refusing to let go.

I spun around, looking towards the person who grabbed me.

"Why the fuck are you avoiding me?"

omg fuck saeron fr who the hell does she think she is

ANYWAYS AHHHH BIRTHDAY I CANT BELIEVE I TURN ANOTHER YEAR OLDER WHAT LOLLL

look at these flowers my best friend got me I LOVE THEM

(omg author desk reveal???? this is where I write the fanfics u guys love if you were wondering

(omg author desk reveal???? this is where I write the fanfics u guys love if you were wondering....its a little bit of a mess i was opening presents on it)

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES AND ALL THE KIND WORDS !! YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY !!!!!!!

i will probably update more chapters soon im trying to figure out a plot that won't be boring 😭

I LOVE U ALL!!!

UPDATE SOON