10

I stepped out of my room, Niki immediately turning his head to look at me. Saeron also looked at me.

I wasn't sure what to do, feeling a little awkward at the two gazes.

"You hungry?" Niki asked, and I thought about it, then nodded, "Great, let's all go and eat. Yeojin, I'll show you the restaurant that'll blow your mind." Niki walked up beside me, a huge, proud smile on his face.

He was so proud to be here.

As we walked out of the neighbourhood, Saeron and Niki were talking alot, mostly about topics I had no idea about, evidently because I had only known these people for less than a day.

"Do you remember, when we were young and we used to just steal the hotdogs from the lady every time she turned her back?" Saeron giggled as I just admired the landscape, all the beautiful coastal architecture and the designs that completely differed from Seoul.

Everything looked handmade, everything was a beachy theme and just so pretty to look at, unlike Seoul where everything was more or less the same and repeated over and over.

"You know, I taught some kids to do that. I don't think she'll ever catch on." Niki chuckled, looking over at me, so mesmerised by the whole place.

"Hey, you really look like a tourist." Niki laughed at me, I snapped my neck back to look at him, glaring at him with unamusement.

"Maybe because I technically am??" I rolled my eyes, retorting with attitude.

Niki raised his brows, staring at me with interest and a gaze that looked as if he wanted to get to know me more.

"Where's your respect? I actually am older than you." Niki proudly bluffed, I rolled my eyes once more, scoffing.

"Older by what? A day?" I flipped my hair over my shoulder as Saeron solemnly looked straight, blatantly ignoring this.

"Jokes on you, a year. I understand in Seoul they're very disrespectful regardless but you're in Jeju." Here Niki went with his insults to Seoul.

"Yeah yeah, shut up, as if you've ever been to Seoul to know this." I talked back, a family on the beach catching my eye.

There was a mother and a father, a younger son and an older daughter. The son was a toddler, his hands being held by both mother and father, they were laughing, aside from the older daughter. She seemed to be around six, walking slightly behind the mother and father, a sunken expression on her face.

My smile faded, and everything Niki was saying just went in one ear and came out of the other. I felt for this girl, I was that child. I watched as she continued silently walking behind her parents and her sibling, being completely ignored.

"Yeojin! What the hell are you staring at, jesus, these Seoul civilians have short attention spans. Must be all the technology." Obviously Niki couldn't help himself but insult me once more.

I shot lasers at him through my eyes, snarling and curling my lip at his petty insults.

"You're lucky I don't hate this place yet because I could have a lot to say." I warned him, scoffing and crossing my arms as we walked into a restaurant. 

It wasn't a fancy restaurant, nor did it have expensive or luxurious dining settings. It was a normal two storey restaurant, huge windows to look out of, and basic wooden seats.

As I sat down, Saeron untucked the chair, for Niki to sit down, but instead, he sat beside me. Saeron pressed her lips together, looking down in annoyance.

I don't think he meant it intentionally. I stared out of the window, hypnotised by the pretty canvas of blue across the sky. Not a single cloud traced the richness of the sky, it was the bluest I've ever seen.

"Oh my god, this girl is actually unbelievable." Niki groaned lowly, then proceeded to pull my hair. I flinched, grabbing my hair and rubbing the side where he forcefully pulled my hair.

"Would you let me enjoy the scenery?!" I scolded him, but he was unamused, he just stared at me, blinking blankly and shaking his head in disbelief.

"You're gonna see this everyday eventually, so stop acting so weird. You're even freaking me out and I've seen some strange stuff." Niki shuddered, Saeron was unusually quiet. I felt a little bad, I probably accidentally took her crush away from her.

Sorry Saeron, I promise it's not intentional.

"This is my first time out of Seoul, damn, let a girl live." I told him, and Niki shot his head to look at me, as if he didn't believe a single word I said. Even Saeron widened her eyes, staring at me.

"Tell me you're joking." Niki froze, holding the menu in his hand as he waited for my answer.

I shook my head.

"I'm so serious."