25

I groaned loudly, stretching my arms upwards and opening my eyes in discomfort. My head pounded, and as I slowly sat up, adjusting to the bright light, my eyes began to deceive me and make the room spin.

But finally, as I got a hold of myself, I looked around, completely confused to my surroundings. I was not in my own bedroom, nor was I even in my house.

I looked around, very confused and a little paranoid. What the fuck did I get up to last night?

I stood up with a sense of urgency, swinging the door open and walking through the house, till I reached the kitchen. There he was, cooking something on the stove.

He turned to look at me, giving me a light smile as I stared at him, very perplexed and unsure.

"Why.. am I here?" I looked around, then looked back at Niki who let out a chuckle.

"Wow, don't even tell me you forgot." Niki said, pouring some abalone porridge into a bowl.

"Forgot what? Seriously Niki, what is going on?" I held my hand against my head, trying to recall anything, but the pounding of my headache completely ripped apart any memories.

"Go sit down." He nodded over to the living room, I abided, walking over to the sofa and sitting down, still trying to recall anything.

I had came back from Seoul, went to Miss Hwang's store, talked to her, then I went outside for a walk? And then, and then what?

Blank.

Niki brought the bowl over, handing me the warm porridge. He sat down beside me, waiting for me to try it. I brought a spoonful to my mouth, taking a first bite and to my surprise, it was actually really good.

"So you don't remember anything?" He inquired, raising a brow just to make sure. I looked at him, oblivious and unsure.

"I have no idea. I went to Miss Hwang, then walked out and I swear I just walked around the neighbourhood." I shrugged as Niki pulled out his phone.

A great big smile reached his face as he scrolled for a while. He then proceeded to show me a photo. I covered my mouth in an instant, refraining from spitting anything out.

And there I was, just on the floor, completely drunk out of my head. I looked like a fucking idiot, splattered onto the ground with zero cares in the world.

I grabbed his phone forcefully, trying to delete the photo. I rapidly tried tapping the delete button, but Niki leant over me, grabbing his phone away from my hand as I just looked hopelessly at him, an evil smirk across his face.

"Hey. Niki you better delete that right now." I warned him, staring directly into his eyes.

"I'm gonna have a collection of photos of you soon enough." He chuckled, not listening to me a single bit.

Eventually, I made my way out of Niki's house. Though, I had to be careful considering if a grandma saw me coming out of Niki's house, rumours would indefinitely spread faster than any racecar.

I looked around, quickly making my way out of his place. I thought that I was safe, and that I made it safely out without anybody realising.

"Oh! Cha Yeojin? You stayed over at Niki's house?" A voice spoke behind me, I stopped, widening my eyes and slowly turning around.

I faced Hyeri, one of the neighbourhoods best haenyeos. I swallowed hard as she had a very intrigued look on her face, her lips smug and wanting to know what went down.

"Uh.. well.." I looked down to the ground for a second, looking back up at her - unable to say anything.

"Mmmm, It's alright, It'll be our secret." She giggled, and I gave a nervous laugh, placing my hand on my neck as she walked off.

Goddamn it, I just had to trust that she would really keep this a secret and not tell the other elders as soon as she sees them. Nonetheless, I hurried back to my place, not even wanting to be outside any longer.

To my surprise, Saeron was already up, she gave me a glare as I walked in the house.

"Where did you go? I thought you came back from Seoul yesterday." Her voice was bitter, I could tell she was trying to not sound bitter, but I suppose it just naturally came out.

Her eyes dart to my wrist, the one with the bracelet. Also the one that Niki's matched with.

"Uh, I just stayed at a hotel nearby.. because.. I got drunk.." I tried my best to sound convincing. She didn't say anything but instead, gave a small 'oh' and continued with whatever she was doing.