11

"That is so fucking sad." Niki gave a pitiful chuckle.

"Tell me something I don't know." I rolled my eyes, snatching the menu out of his hands and reading the food on it.

It mostly had seafood on it, with the occasional soups and standard meat dishes. Niki noticed me scanning the menu over and over again, he gave a short laugh.

"What? You're not seeing any filet mignon on there?" He jeered as I pressed my lips into a thin line, so sick of this guy already.

"We can clearly see who has never been to Seoul before." I replied as he snatched the menu out of my hands, it was like watching two cats fight.

Saeron simply observed in silence, waiting for us to order.

"Listen, for sides we can get dumplings, then you're gonna have to try the seafood boil." Niki decided for me, I didn't even have a say in anything, I simply just stared out of the window as he spoke to himself.

The woman who works here came up to our table, looking at me and flashing me a tender smile.

"Oh wow, Saeron and Niki, what brings you here? And a new guest?" She smiled, staring at my face and observing me.

"Minjoo, she's from Seoul, so she's never ever had any good seafood boil before. Can we get two plates of dumplings, and a seafood boil share?" Niki requested, I furrowed my brows at him ordering two.

But since Saeron was silent, I was too. Again, I was new here, I didn't want to make any bad impressions, especially since Niki seems to have something completely against people from Seoul.

Finally Saeron decided to engage in a conversation, just not with me, only with Niki. I felt as if she had something against me, solely because of my interaction of Niki.

Oh well, it is what it is.

After a while of daydreaming, the food finally came. Two plates of dumplings, one for Saeron and one between me and Niki. I cursed internally, was there an issue in getting three? Or did he just like to be awkward.

Next came the platters of seafood and broth, it looked so good. I don't think I've ever seen such seafood platters. Not even in such a big and advanced city like Seoul.

I grabbed my chopsticks, about to pick up one of the dumplings on the plate, up until Niki took the one I was about to take. That guy did it purposefully, a satisfied grin settling on his face as he placed the whole thing into his mouth.

I didn't say anything, instead, about to take another dumpling. Keep in mind there were only six, now five thanks to Niki.

Niki took the exact dumpling from my chopstick grasp, placing it on Saeron's plate which made her look up at Niki, a lighthearted smile grazing her face.

I placed my chopsticks down, staring Niki down as he chuckled, avoiding eye contact with me. He finally turned his head to look at me, a teasing grin all over his face, contrary to my stoic and unamused expression.

"I'm going to stab these chopsticks through your eyes if you don't stop." I picked up my chopsticks once more, grabbing a dumpling finally, and just as soon as I was about to move it closer to my mouth, Niki grabbed it with his chopstick.

I held onto my chopsticks tightly, gripping for dear life as Niki did the exact same thing.

"Let go of my dumpling." I demanding, fixating a glare onto him.

"You let go of my dumpling." Niki chuckled, he found this so funny and amusing.

I moved my mouth up to the dumpling, despite Niki's chopsticks holding the middle of the dumpling, I attempted to put it in my mouth. Niki finally retracted his chopsticks, allowing me to place the dumpling in my mouth.

Saeron stared at this sight, disgusted. She shook her head, rolling her eyes.

"See, now you've just licked my chopsticks." Niki scoffed, placing another dumpling in his mouth.

"And who's fault is that?" I looked at him, the huge bulge in my cheek making my speech sound stupid. Niki stared at me, trying his hardest to suppress a laugh.

I hurriedly chewed on the soft dough of the dumpling, glaring at Niki spitefully. Man this guy was so obnoxious, I didn't understand how someone like Saeron could even tolerate him for so long.

Midway through the meal, my phone started pinging uncontrollably, text after text, notification after notification. Man, what was this now.

I looked at the notifications, my mood crashing through the barrier of annoyance.