9

"Hm, where are you from?" She randomly asked, and I hesitated telling her, obviously since Niki could easily tell I was from Seoul, he seemed to have a bad perspective on people from Seoul.

"Seoul. I moved here today." I gave her an unsure chuckle, looking at the ground for a second as she stared at me.

Niki suddenly threw his towel on me, and I grabbed it off my shoulder, throwing it back onto him. He raised a brow, staring at me with an offended look.

"Take the towel." Niki hissed, shooting me a nasty glare.

"It's your towel!" I retort back, crossing my arms at him.

He threw the towel back onto my shoulder, and I threw it back on his head, looking back at Saeron. As he attempted to throw the towel back onto me, Saeron caught the towel midair, she cleared her throat, looking at the two of us.

"I'll.. take the towel." Saeron held the towel in her hand as she looked at me, "Okay, so, I'll show you the room and I'll explain the details of rent and whatever."

I nodded as she guided me to the room, it was decently big, and still pretty bland but I wasn't surprised since it was a spare room. It had a double bed, an attached room for the wardrobe, a tv and a few decorations scattered about.

It was more than enough.

"It's probably not as glamorous as your place in Seoul, but it's good enough." Saeron explained, showing me the room.

I smiled gently, this was perfect for me. Niki leant on the door frame again, just staring around the room.

"Oh no, I didn't even decorate my place in Seoul, I was always too busy." I gave a sigh along with a soft smile, "What's the rent like?"

"$50 a month." She told me, and at first I thought she was joking, but as I realised she was not, my eyes slightly widened and my mouth fell to the floor ever so slightly.

"I'll pay my rent for this month right now." I pulled out my phone as she gave a small laugh at my eagerness.

"You can pay me later, just settle down and change." Saeron chuckled, she seemed nice. She walked over to Niki, standing beside him as he watched me place my suitcase on the bed and look around. I looked at the window, it had a beautiful view of the beach and the shore.

This was going to be so good.

"Why'd you move away from Seoul? People here would kill to be in Seoul." Niki suddenly asked, and I spun around, looking at him and then awkwardly tracing my eyes around the objects in the room.

I thought to myself, unsure of what to really say.

"...I just.. uh, needed a break.." I very blatantly spoke in ambiguity. I wasn't about to dump my whole life story about how I had been alone for majority of the life and I have some ex-boyfriend who essentially stalks me.

Niki gave me a look, as if he knew that I was hiding something, but nonetheless, he decided to not question upon it.

"You owe me for this." Saeron told Niki with a cheery grin, pointing her finger at him.

"Weren't you looking for a roommate anyways? How do I owe you?" He gave a chuckle, shutting down her point.

"Well.. yeah but.. I already had someone coming to view the room, but since you asked for her to stay, I have no choice but to deny the other person." Saeron rolled her eyes, folding her arms.

I looked at the two, feeling a little guilty at this.

"Oh, I can go find another place if you really want me to-" Before I could say anything, Niki cut me off.

"Just stay here, you have no idea where you are. At least you're with someone around your age." Niki told me, Saeron turned her head to look at Niki for a second, then she swallowed hard, looking back at me with a faint smile.

"Okay.. thank you." I bowed my head lightly, turning back around to look out of the window.

"We're gonna leave you to change." Saeron spoke, shutting the door and leaving.

It was going to be so great, this place was great already, and this view even better. I felt as if I should just permanently reside here. I gave a deep sigh, unzipping my suitcase and taking out the clothes.

I changed into some casual clothes, suitable for the weather and also ones that looked cute enough to go out in.

Here comes the new Yeojin.