12

The two raised their eyebrows, intrigued as to who was blowing my phone up like this.

The number was unknown, but even so, I could just tell who it was through the way of messaging, and obviously, context of the texts.

'where are you?'

'yeoji i need you'

'please forgive me'

'im at your workplace'

'they said you quit where did you go?'

I just read the messages, and rolled my eyes, placing my phone back down and enjoying the food some more.

"Who was it?" Saeron asked me a question for a change.

"My ex-boyfriend." I shrugged carelessly, shoving more food into my mouth as Niki let out a choked laugh.

I turned to look at him, wondering what the reason for this reaction was.

"You actually had a boyfriend? Unbelievable." Niki laughed as I stared his soul down. Does this guy want a smack?

"I hope you don't wonder why you have no girlfriend, I can clearly tell why you don't." I spat bitterly, in regards to his comment.

"Actually, I could get a girlfriend, I just choose not to, because I just don't feel like having one right now." Niki spoke, and at his words I simply rolled my eyes, though, I noticed Saeron looking up at Niki.

"What a lame excuse, just admit you can't get any bitches and move on." I gave a sour chuckle, finishing my meal and placing my chopsticks to the side.

Niki turned to look at me, giving me a glare but not saying anything.

"Why is your ex bothering you anyways?" Niki randomly asked, I gave an exasperated sigh, it's a pretty long story.

"He has been for a good while. Just the usual, showing up at my workplace and at my house, phone calls, text messages, the list goes on. I don't really care anymore." I shrugged it off as some mere incidents.

But both Saeron and Niki looked at me, as if I was insane.

"He's stalking you?" Saeron inquired, almost spitting out her drink.

"I guess so. But I've grown used to it at this point, seriously guys it's not a big deal." I looked around awkwardly, trying to reassure them.

"What's the reason for him being your ex?" Niki questioned again, jesus, what was he? A cop?

"He cheated." I shrugged it off again, simply unphased by this. Seoul had crushed me into such a stoic person that I really didn't even react much to when I saw Jeongu cheating on me. I just ended things regardless of his explanation.

An awkward silence hung over the table for a second.

"Damn, can't you just call the police on his ass or something?" Niki asked, staring at me with genuine concern.

I gave a small sigh, completely unbothered.

"Eh, it'd do nothing. Besides, he has no idea I'm here." I spoke, the two looked at eachother then back at me, a few seconds of silence, and they began to eat again.

Nonetheless, we finished our food, a small conversation occasionally lurking around the three of us. But mostly, it was just between Niki and Saeron.

As we stepped out the restaurant, I could just tell that Saeron had a thing for Niki. The way she immediately stood beside him, walked along with him, laughed at him and the way she looked at him.

I gave a small smile, trudging a bit behind the two as they walked around the neighbourhood.

Something caught my eye as we were walking, a woman in some area with a thick envelope, talking to a man. I slowed my pace, just staring at what was going on as Niki and Saeron continued to walk.

Suddenly, the man grabbed the envelope, making a run for it. My mind didn't even comprehend my next moves, I simply ran towards the man, following him as the lady yelled, attempting to run after the guy who seemingly took a large sum of money from her hands.

"THIEF! THIEF!!!!!" The woman cried out loud as I ran as fast as my legs possibly could, I didn't spare a single second to slow down, I ran, despite not knowing where I was.

I was destined to catch this man with my own hands.

After trailing him quickly, twisting corners and turning into unfamiliar streets, I had reached a large dock, where there was basically a dead end unless you owned a boat or you'd jump in the water.

He stood, panting heavily as he looked around frantically, unsure of what to do next. I caught up to him, pouncing him the second I was in his range.

He dropped the envelope on the dock, and as I launched my body towards him, we lost our balance, falling straight into the water. A huge splash.

I scurried up to the surface, clinging onto the dock as I pushed myself up. This is the second time I've fallen into water, and it's been a singular day.

"You crazy-! Crazy fucking bitch!" The man yelled, struggling to get up. Eventually, he got up, laying on the dock in defeat.