45

RIKI NISHIMURA POV

Waking up to an empty bed was something that I was a little taken aback by, but not too paranoid about. She must've just woken up earlier than me and went around the house.

I sat up, staring at the cloudy sun peering through my blinds. It was a mediocre day today, today marked the end of summer, so autumn would prevail soon and the warmth would slowly say it's goodbye.

It seemed like it'd rain today, judging by the brooding, dark grey clouds heading our way.

Nonetheless, I shrugged the bad weather off, knowing my girlfriend was here with me anyways.

I walked out of my room, my heart beating a little faster at the eerie quietness. Did she fall asleep elsewhere? She wasn't anywhere to be seen in the living room, nor the kitchen.

I continued walking around my house, peeking at every single corner and crevice of my house, as if I hadn't lived here before. But no sign of Yeojin at all.

Don't even tell me she got shy and ended up heading back to Saeron's house. I chuckled, grabbing my jacket and hurriedly heading out of my house.

I basically ran towards Saeron's house, and as I approached her door, just my luck, she was heading out. She snapped her head to look at me, astounded but intrigued.

"Oh? Hey Niki. What brings you here?" She stopped what she was doing, looking up at me so eagerly.

"Is Yeojin here?" I asked her, assuming she'd have to be here for sure.

"Oh." Saeron cleared her throat, looking down for a split second and then back up, "All of her stuff in her room is gone."

Those words felt like betrayal. I almost didn't believe they were coming out of her mouth.

"What?" I furrowed my brows, in pure disbelief. Was this another trick of Saeron's? There was no fucking way she just took her shit and left like that.

Where the hell would she even go?

"I don't know where she went, I went in this morning to see if she was there, and everything was completely gone." Saeron was speaking the truth, her tone was one of slight annoyance and honesty.

I ran my fingers through my hair, giving a light groan and gently pushing Saeron to the side, heading into her house. I went straight to Yeojin's bedroom, swinging the door and expecting to see all her cute little room decor hung up on the walls and ceiling.

Nothing.

There were no plushies on her bed, no scent of her perfume, nor any of her skincare on her desk or any small things that she owned.

It was all bare. The bed was neatly done, desk clear and everything stripped into a hotel room-like state.

My mouth unknowingly dropped to the floor slightly, just looking at the wind howling through the room. I walked to the closet, sliding the door open and expecting to see at least some clothes.

Nothing. No shoes, no clothes, no hats, no nothing.

It was all gone, as if she had just vanished overnight.

"What the fuck?!" I paced back to Saeron, who shared a disappointed expression, "Where the fuck did she go?"

"Niki.." Saeron quietly spoke, frightened to even make eye contact with me. I stopped pacing around the place, standing still and looking at her.

"What."

"Do you think she might have left for Seoul?" Saeron suggested, and I rubbed my face, letting out a groan. I tilt my head upwards, shutting my eyes tightly and just wishing her voice would appear from behind me or something.

Goddamn it Cha Yeojin, If you have really gone back to Seoul, I don't know what I'll do.

I looked at Saeron intently, clenching my jaw as my cold gaze met her soft eyes.

"You had nothing to do with this?" I inquired, I couldn't be too sure, after all, she did threaten Yeojin.

"Me? No. What?" Saeron gave a scoff, and I just shook my head lightly, storming out of the house and heading back to mine.

I had no idea what to do, she was really gone. The way she left so quickly made me wonder if she was even real in the first place, or maybe I had made her up.

But no, flicking through the dozens of silly pictures of her I had collected over time, she was surely not a fragment of my own imagination. She was the girl I met the first day summer started, and now she's gone, just as soon as summer ended.

I slammed the door shut behind me, the sweet scent of her perfume still lingering in the air. I didn't want it to dissipate away, but it eventually would.

I leant on the kitchen island, just angrily thinking to myself. I don't even know what to do in this moment, there was nothing I could do.

I didn't even know where she was for certain.

A ball of paper placed on the top of my trash can randomly caught my eye.