21

On our way back to the hotel, Seohee couldn't stop giggling, laughing and jumping out of excitement.

"Woah, you guys, I felt like a bystander in a movie, that was so freaking cool!!" Her beady eyes met mine, and I let out a soft chuckle.

Niki wasn't saying anything, his expression was cold, and despite that, he still was holding my hand. I cleared my throat, awkwardly untwining my hand from his.

"That guy is so fucking pathetic." Niki scoffed, not even breaking a single smile.

"Yeojin, who is that guy? Was he your ex-boyfriend? A stalker? Who was he?" She gave a very enthusiastic grin as I gave an exasperated sigh, not even wanting to mention him at all.

"He's my ex-boyfriend. I guess you could say he's a stalker too." I shrugged, he basically was. With the consistent calls, messages, texts, inability to leave me alone, that technically made him a stalker.

"Wow, Niki, you were so cool. Like, he tried to grab Yeojin's hand and you were like, 'get your hands off my girlfriend', oh my god, I love Seoul!" Seohee imitated Niki's deep voice, finally he cracked a smile, a breathy chuckle even.

I smiled to myself gently, at that moment. It was pretty cute of him to do that.

-

However, there was another dilemma. I stood in our hotel room, wondering what I was supposed to make of this.

Two beds, two single beds.

Niki had too, realised the issue. He stood beside me, staring at the two beds as I did.

Seohee had already claimed her bed, laying on it and scrolling on her phone with such a smile.

Niki looked at me, a small smile on his face.

"You take it." He said, and I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

"No it's fine, I'll sleep on the sofa, let me experience the real Seoul life." I mimicked the way he used to insult Seoul.

"Don't argue with me, just sleep on the bed." Niki's voice was slightly cold, and even I was taken aback. Damn, did Jeongu put him in a bad mood or something?

"Seriously, just take it, be my guest." I let out a groan, I was doing him a favour here. I don't mind sleeping on the sofa, I've slept on hardwood before, this isn't a problem for me.

Niki didn't say a single thing more, just let out a disappointed and irritated grunt, taking some clothes and heading into the bathroom where he changed.

I lay on the sofa, staring at the ceiling and reminiscing today's events. But more specifically, the parts where Niki was interacting with Jeongu. I found myself with a grin on my face, and as soon as I noticed that I was smiling like an idiot over this, I hurriedly wiped that smile off.

Was I actually smiling over a guy right now?

I shuddered, shaking my head in denial. Woah, no way, this was the only thing I told myself not to do. Besides, Saeron, think of Saeron.

I swallowed hard, seeing Niki come out of the bathroom in his sweatpants and hoodie, and as we made eye contact, I urgently looked away, my heart pacing a bit faster.

Please don't do this to me.

I cleared my throat silently, taking in a few deep breaths and collecting my thoughts. I had eleven weeks left, in those eleven weeks, I have to make sure that I leave Jeju with a happy mind. I don't want any relationships, and I don't want to miss anybody.

God, this was going to fail already.

I turned around, so I was facing the sofa, and not Niki or Seohee. I think right now, I couldn't bare to look at Niki. If I saw that man's face, I think I'd actually grow attachment to him, and that was something I cannot do, no matter what.

I shut my eyes, forcing myself to sleep, even the thought of mere him was keeping me awake and my heart beating faster than regularly. I could not sleep at all, as much as I wanted to.

"Seohee, what do you wanna do tomorrow?" Niki's voice came out of nowhere, and it kind of startled me. My heart spiked up again, beating loudly.

"Hmm, I don't know, I kinda want to go and get clothes from a shop in Seoul. I heard they're really cute." She cheesed, oh to be a kid enjoying Seoul citylife.

"Mm, sure, we can do that tomorrow." Niki's low voice hummed, even his voice was so gorgeous. I don't know what made me act like this, but randomly, I found myself so admiring of Niki.

But, regardless of my horribly fast beating heart, and the spinning thoughts cycling in my head. I finally - after a while - managed to force myself to sleep. It took longer than usual, matter of fact, it probably took me longer than I had ever spent, trying to fall asleep.