The Sensitive Side

Dally's p.o.v
I wake up a couple hours later in the hospital bed to find my sister  cuddled into my side, still fast asleep and I chuckle softly before turning onto my side and brushing her hair away from her face as she sleeps peacefully. I wrap my arms around Anna ,careful not to hit any of my injuries on accident as my body aches  and hold her close as I bury my nose into her hair. I inhale  the scent of smoke and her watermelon shampoo she just insisted on using as I lay next to her in the too small hospital bed basking in the quiet of the room that doesn't last long . The doors soon open to reveal the  rest of the gang  walking in while they talk loudly  with food in their hands in which I annoyingly glare at them while pointing to Annabelle who desperately needed her sleep and mouthed for them to can it and they all nod in agreement. They all got quiet and whispered amongst themselves while handing me my food that I gratefully accept and eat before returning to holding my sister in my arms once more while making sure she was comfortable  and doze back off  content with knowing my sister was safe beside me .

Annabelle's p.o.v
I wake up a few hours later to see Dally sleeping soundly with his nose in my hair . I turn slightly to notice his arms wrapped around my stomach and tightening whenever I move . This confuses me because the last time my brother held me this way was the night he was leaving New York and Me behind. I pull away from my brother slowly which results in him waking up with a confused look on his face. "What is it Bell? What's the matter?" Dally asks groggily as I feel tears slipping down my cheeks and I shake my head furiously before booking it for the door and run down the hallway as I hear Dally calling my name . I run out of the hospital and head in the direction of the DX , not letting up on the running until the little store comes into view. I get there breathlessly before noticing I was still crying and I hear the laughter of SodaPop, Steve, and Twobit  coming from inside. I go inside while keeping my head down  and walk behind the counter quickly before noticing that the three boys have stopped talking and it's deathly quiet inside the DX . "Bells what's wrong , why you crying ?" I hear Soda ask before I look up at him while wiping my eyes and take a shaky breath ."Dally's leaving again I had a memory from when he held me the night before he left new York and he held me the same way while we were in the hospital , I left him there" I choke out and he nods pulling me into a hug . I bury my face in his shoulder and sniff as I feel more tears stinging my eyes that threaten to fall any moment. I brush off any attempts at Soda trying to talk further about the situation as I didn't nor could talk about it without nearly crying . Slowly Twobit and Steve continue their conversation as Soda keeps a hold on me and I stand there silently amongst them in the DX.