Curtis to be

Soda's p.o.v
We all enjoyed Twobits birthday together yesterday  yet a pit of anxiety stays in my
stomach most of the day. Today was the day that I was gonna propose to Nadine and I was already beyond nervous. Twobit granted me his blessing a couple days after we got home from New York and Annabelle and Steve went with me to pick out a ring. I knew for a fact that she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I sit up in bed and stare at my gorgeous girlfriend next to me. I take in  each feature of her beautiful face and smile to myself. I climb out of bed slowly so I don't wake her up and walk to the bathroom to take a shower. I dress in one of my nicest shirts and luckily find a pair of blue jeans with no rips , tears , or stains in them. I walk into the kitchen and notice Anna sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal with a grin on her face a mile wide. I fix myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich and join her at the table." So are you ready for the game plan I have constructed for most of today" Belles asks and I nod eagerly as she pulls out a piece of paper filled with notes." Alright so this afternoon at about 2, everyone but you and Nani are gonna head out to the country and set up by the lake since it's like an hour drive from here. Then at about 4, you two will meet us and you will have convinced Nadine that you two are going on a date. And finally you propose and begin your guys's happily ever after" Anna  states and I grin wildly before pulling her into a bone crushing hug." You're the greatest non related little sister I've ever had , thank you so much" I say as Anna's laughter fills my ears. I finish eating as the rest of the gang begins to wake up and get ready for the day. Pony boy is still asleep so I walk back into our room and jump on top of him as he groans in protest." Come on Ponyboy get up , I'm getting engaged today " I whisper in my little brother's ear and he swats at me." I'm happy for you Soda but can you maybe get off me now" Pony says before turning his body sharply and sends me sprawling to the floor. I swiftly flip the mattress sending Ponyboy to the floor . I begin running out of the room while hollering for my younger brother to get in the shower. I run down the hallway and slide into the living room before plopping down next to Steve on the couch. Nadine soon wakes up and walks into the living room and I kiss her forehead before returning to the card game Steve had started with Dally." So Nani , I was thinking that we'd go out tonight on a date " I say as she smiles and quickly agrees ." Alright just be ready by 4 because where we are going is a bit of a drive" I tell her before standing up to go find Belles.

Annabelle's p.o.v
I stand in the kitchen as I fill a old picnic basket with a few sandwiches and some snacks for the gang. I was beyond excited for today cause I knew Nadine would absolutely love this surprise . I grab a few bottles of water from the fridge and return to the Picnic basket just to see a sandwich missing  and Twobit Matthews trying to sneak out the kitchen door. " You better stop right there Keith " I say sternly as Twobit  turns around slowly trying to look innocent. " What's the matter baby?" Two asks as he sneakily slips the sandwich into his pocket." Come on now hand it over" I say putting my hand out while looking at him expectantly. Twobit sighs exaggeratedly and slowly hands me the sandwich in which I put back in the basket and close it up. " If you want something to eat , fix yourself a bowl of cereal we got to leave in like 4 hours" I say glancing at the clock before kissing Twobit's cheek softly. I walk outside and toss the picnic basket into the bed of Darry's truck before walking in the living room and sitting between Soda and Steve as they play cards. " Deal me in please boys , what are we playing for this time ?" I ask as Steve deals me the cards and I glance at them. " We're playing for cash this round Belles" Soda replies before picking up another card . I smile as I glance at my hand of cards before waiting patiently for Sodapop and Steve  to finish discarding and renewing there hand before laying my perfect hand of cards down on the table. " Dang it Steve why did you have to be the one to deal her the cards?" Sodapop whines as I laugh and grab the pile of cash that had collected on the counter. I check the time before going into our room where I find Dally taking a nap . " Dallas come on you need to go get in the shower before its time to leave" I urge as I shake my older brothers arm consistently as he groans before sitting up. " Alright alright, I'm up are you happy now ?" Dally grumbles as he rubs his eyes tiredly as I push him towards the bathroom." Yes ,now hurry up and get ready Dal" I urge before slamming the door shut and walking off into the living room. I plop down on the couch while laying my head in Nadines lap as I let my legs spread out of Twobit who playfully swats at me before returning his focus to Mickey Mouse." So where do you think Sodapop is taking you for your date" I ask as I fiddle with my fingers and watch Mickey on T.V. " I don't know but apparently its a bit of a drive, what are you guys gonna do tonight while we're gone" Nadine asks as I shrug in response. " I think the rest of us are all grabbing dinner together at the Dingo and catching a movie at the drive in  tonight while you're gone " Twobit replies and I smile. I soon get up and decide to get in the shower after Dally gets out and begin getting ready for the day. I get out of the shower and immediately dress in a pair of nice jeans and my favorite navy blue blouse with my leather jacket over it. I French braid my hair and put on some makeup before noticing it's already 1:45 and slip into my converses before herding everyone but Nadine out onto the porch. " Alright Soda we are headed out and will meet you out by the lake , don't tell Nani where any of us went" I instruct as he nods in understanding and the rest of the gang piles into the truck. I sit in between Darry and  Dally in the cab of the truck with the picnic basket secured on my lap and the rest of the gang piled in the truck bed .

Twobit's p.o.v
We finally pull up to the lake at a little past 3 and I smile while taking in the scenery around me as I hop out of the truck bed and stretch. " Well boys, not much has changed since we were here last now has it?" Darry asks as he shuts the door to the truck and I immediately remember all the summer days when Mr. And Mrs. Curtis would bring the gang out here for the day. I take the picnic basket from Annabelle's hand in one hand and her hand in my other as she smiles at me while we walk towards the lake with the rest of the gang trailed behind us . " Alright guys , lets set up everything on the dock so its all ready when they get here , Two put that basket back we at least want to eat after this is over " Darry says as he eyes me with my hand halfway out of the picnic basket before I drop my head dramatically and put the basket back in the truck while Anna giggles at me.  The gang and I start unloading all the decoration that Annabelle has put in the truck for today and carry them down to the dock as Anna directs us with a watchful eye and fixes anything she doesn't like. Before any of us know it , the sun had just began to set signaling the end of the day and we hear the sound of a car approaching and we all scatter to hide as Soda and Nadine pull up. I watch from behind a tree as Sodapop leads her towards the dock,with a blindfold covering Nadine's eyes, as he gently eases her onto the wooden dock and watch in awe as Anna sneaks behind her to help her take off her blindfold before turning her to face Soda who was on one knee. We all cheer and rush out of our hiding spots as she accepts the ring and I wrap Nadine up in a hug , " My kid sister got hitched" I holler and everyone cheers around me as she laughs before accepting hugs from everyone around us before we spend the rest of the day enjoying each other's company watching the sunset peacefully.

Just Another WinstonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara