2

Thankfully, I was able to get mom to pick me up from a convenient store nearby. Clair calmed me down over the phone and told me girls like me, to a guy like that, are just too boring to mess around with.

On the ride back home with mom, I spaced out thinking about what he said. The A-cup part. It's crazy, but I could only focus on that part. I was a bit hurt that someone as good looking as him would think of me like that. Am I really that flat chested? But to me, my breasts looked really big. Well, at least compared to how they looked back in the eighth grade, they did.

And he also called me little more than once. Do I look that young? What grade was he in anyway? Maybe if I start putting makeup on I'll appear older and boys like him wouldn't treat me mean anymore.

"Did you eat dinner already?" Clair asked.

I was now at a drug store nearby my house, checking the makeup displayed in so many different brands. This was my first time shopping for cosmetics, so I called Clair for help.

"Yeah, yesterday's leftovers."

"That's good. Help mom more. She needs it."

"I am. Hey, do I look young?"

She was quiet for a moment. "Oh god. Please don't tell me you're at the drug store right now looking for makeup."

I sighed. "I'm at the drug store right looking for makeup."

"Carly, you have your period and your fifteen now. At this age, your skin is going to start going through changes . Acne and acne scars are any teenager's worst nightmare. If by any chance you develop acne and acne scars, your insecurities about your complexion will run sky high."

"But so many freshmen were applying makeup in the bathroom today..."

"They're idiots. For now—at least the first year of high school—I want you to care about hygiene and skincare the most. You still don't have acne, but that could change any day. So I need you from now on to never forget to wash your face before you sleep, and in the morning to always put vitamin c and sunscreen."

I started grabbing the things she told me to get.

"This is a cleanser and a pore scrub, that way your skin will always get its chance to breathe. If you caked makeup on your face, it will help entice breakouts. Now I want you to get one of those back scrubber brushes. You member the one I had?"

"Yeah, wait, I'll go find one right now."

"Your back will start to have acne too. So make sure you take a shower with a hair cap at least once a day, with your hair exposed every three days, so buy a shower cap too. Make it a habit right before you sleep. You're now at the age where you have to make sure that germs and you don't mix, and that'll happen easily now that you sweat from just sitting."

"I can't take one every day. I have school and stuff."

"You have to have one every day. Carly, I can't even put in words how insecure you'll feel if your body isn't as clean as it should be. Especially your back."

I sighed. "I get it. I get it. So no makeup?"

"Absolutely no makeup. Not until your body gets over your hormonal changes that come with puberty."

"That's a little too extreme."

"Extreme? No, that's Carly during her first years of high school. So remember, clean not coated."

"Hey Teach."

I glanced at the person that just walked into the room.