12

"What?!"

Okay... not exactly the reaction I was looking for.

"Me and Alex are officially dating." I said again, staring at their faces now a bit nervous.

Clair stood to her feet. "How did that happen?"

I sat on one of the dining room chairs and told them almost everything.

"That's so romantic." Bailey said. "Makes me want to steal him."

"So you trust what he said?" Clair asked.

"Justin told me he wasn't the one that went after the three guys that night. And there wasn't anyone else that knew about it. Plus, I was the only girl he cared enough about to help. He might be a really mean person but he's sweet to me. That should be enough."

Clair started to laugh, surprising us all.

"What?"

She shook her head and stared dreamingly at Justin. "He just reminded me of someone." 

"Come with me." Clair said after we ate dinner.

Today was Saturday, and I was a little depressed since I'd have to wait a few days till I saw Alex again. Even though I was with him just last night, even though I saw him every day of the week, even though I sounded desperate right now, I still missed him desperately.

And I keep kicking myself for not giving him my phone number.

Clair closed her door and walked over to my desk. She took the water bottle she had put there earlier today and sipped from it.

"So you have a boyfriend now."

I nodded. "Yup."

She sat on my bed and stared at me.

"Boys, they're very predictable when it comes to what they'll want to do with their girlfriends. He'll want to touch you, you know that right?"

"Yeah, but Alex said he was going to go steady."

She coaxed an eyebrow. "Okay, maybe you are dimmer than I thought." She sighed and stood up. "He will touch you. That isn't a debatable. He'll probably end up smelling your skin, your hair. Two things you have to make sure of when you're with a boyfriend, one, make sure that where he touches you is clean, and where he smells you has a special scent. Since this is your first time, you have to be extra cautious about these things. Also, never forget to brush your teeth and making sure your hair smells nice on a daily basis, these are very important. I know no one's perfect, but keeping these check will make that kind of feeling around you. Like you're perfect."

"I wash my hair every three days. I scrub every part of my skin on my whole body every day. I brush my teeth twice a day. I wax every month. I'm pretty sure I got everything in check."

Clair shook her head. "Nope." She handed me the now empty bottle of water. "From now on, you are not allowed to only depend on toilet paper. Fill a bottle with warm water and start washing yourself every time when you use the bathroom. Only use the toilet paper to dry yourself afterwards—and don't tell me that's disgusting. It's your own body, it shouldn't be."

I nodded, "I'll start doing that."

She took out a small green packet from inside her back pocket. It was an unscented towelette. "As for what to do when you're out of the house, use these. I bought you a pack, just make sure you're always carrying two in your pocket or your bag."

"Okay."

"Let's go."  She said, grabbing her bag. "We're going to the mall. You're going to get yourself a signature scent. Something that your boyfriend will know you in blindfolded. My gift."

Two boys were standing in front of me by the locker room. And I'm standing here a little uncomfortable since they're cute and big and, believe it or not, seniors.

"We were thinking, you know, if you wanted to watch the football game on Friday. After that we're holding a party at my house, so it'll be a good night to hang out."

Suddenly I'm being asked out by seniors...

"They'll be free booze. I have a pool in the back too."

A hand slipped inside mine. I looked over and there stood Alex looking at the boys. "Do you need something?"

They looked at Alex's hand in mine, and turned to leave. "Nah, not really."

I kept staring at Alex. This was my first time seeing him since homecoming. While I stood still, my heart ran to him. He stood there, with his big strong hands holding mine.

Whoa... it really wasn't a dream.

He looked at me. "Hey, can I have your number. And address."

"Uh, sure." I fumbled around and took out my phone from my bag. I pulled up my contact and showed it to him.

He copied everything down on his own phone, and then put his information inside mines.

"How was your weekend?" He asked, giving me back my phone.

God... why was this so awkward. It seemed like I was the only one feeling that way too.

"Um, don't laugh, but I actually—you know what, never mind. I have to get to class."

I cant believe I was about to confess to him how much I had missed him. I covered my red face with my hands, and quickly ran off to my English class, where just like the beginning of the school year, Alex used his charms to get the seat next to mine.

"Everyone take out your books." Mrs. Henderson said, walking into the room.

I leaned down and took out my English book from my bag, then leaned back down again to get my pencil.

I felt something pinch my butt softly.

I sat up straight again, face growing hot. Oh my god, why was I being like this? He was my boyfriend anyway. It's okay if he did things like that. But in the middle of class...?

"What's wrong?" He said seductively under his breath. His finger made roads and circles on my back, making my body fever-hot. "You didn't forget that I was your boyfriend now, did you?"

I had my hands in fists and against my cheeks to cover at the very least their bright red color. I shook my head.

"Then why won't you look at me? You... are you blushing right now by any chance?"

Oh god.... Please just move your hand away.... If someone notices it'll be so embarrassing.

I shook my head.

I heard him chuckle and move away.

"Alright everyone. Take out your essays that were due today."

I quickly went for something to do—anything. I didn't think having a boyfriend would be this nerve racking. I still had no idea how to react to the things he does. I still had no idea what to say to him.

I searched my book for the paper, but it wasn't there. I rummaged through the pages, feeling positive that I had placed the essay somewhere inside this book, but after searching through every page, I sank in shock, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Mrs. Henderson was looking through the ones she received. She looked up at me. "Carly, where is yours?"

"I think I forgot it at home." I quickly added, "I did write it though."

She looked disappointed. She went over to her desk and scrabbled something on a red slip. "Well then, you can rewrite it in detention."