7

The next day I didn't go to school.

Clair and Justin took me to an amusement park instead. All day they drove me from one place to another, all things that were fun and a good time.

I knew what they were trying to do. They were trying to make the memory of what happened yesterday smaller, especially since I had woken up crying last night from a nightmare.

When Justin knew about this he was pissed and Clair had to keep holding his arm the whole time. He had me describe the boys to him. And I did. Clair seemed a little scared for him after that.

Since they were older and had attended North Lake high school the year before, both Clair and Justin recognized them. All of this happened this morning. Yesterday they just hugged me the whole time and had me spill my heart out to them.

At the end of the day, we came back home with tons of teddy bears and winning arguments. When my mom saw us—especially me—she put her hand on her heart and with tears in her eyes said, "I'm so glad to have all of you."

The next day, it was rumored through the whole school that three boys were beaten up badly late the night befor. It was said that the person who did it was still unknown.

It was Justin.

Despite the bullying that has been going on lately, today I didn't dodge any of the attacks. Suddenly they seemed like cake after a hurricane. What happened two days ago dulled the pain of what was happening today, and all I could do is meet the attacks directed at me with just...relief.

Maybe what happened to me was something that's bound to happen to every girl who ends up in a deserted place, and a guy with filthy thoughts is nearby. Luck is probably the only thing that could help in that kind of situation. If I wasn't lucky to have Alex come to my rescue, if that guy continued what he was doing, I would be deeply scarred right now. I still remembered the fear I felt back then crystal clear.

"Hey you!"

I stopped walking and sighed. Here we go again.

Two blondes stopped in front of me, hands crossed with solemn face expressions.

"Are you and Alex really together?"

I kept an impassive expression. I was sick of the misunderstanding, which had only started as a lie.

And I guess it should end in a lie too.

"I'm gay." I said evenly. Their shocked expressions were totally worth the lie. "That being said, you should know by now that your boyfriend is the one who's bothering me, and if you wanted to say anything, you should say it to him. I have nothing to do with it."

"Yeah right!" the girl yelled, pissed.

"It's the truth. We haven't even done anything!" It was almost the truth. I didn't know if the hug from that time counted for anything.

"Don't lie." She insisted with disgust, letting me go and crossing her arms. "Then could you explain to us why he hasn't touched any of us since last week. His excuse was you were his girl friend."

My heart started to race.

No Carly, don't think too much into it....

I walked into my algebra class.

"Carly, you're late again."

"I'm sorry."

The teacher shook her head. "I'm sorry, but this has been going on for too long. At first I understood your reason as this is your new school, but now that shouldn't be an excuse anymore." She wrote down something on a red slip. "Lunch detention for now, but if this keeps going, you'll end up with an in-school one."