5

It's been one month now and the bullying didn't stop. It seemed like the more I ignored him, the more harassment I got. All of that just because I was one of the few that despised him. I couldn't understand how he would be so arrogant.

But then something happened that changed the direction of everything—well, almost everything.

I was making my way to Algebra class. The hallways were still occupied with some students. Two of them a girl that had been kissing Alex just yesterday, and the other was a guy undoubtedly harassing her to go out with him.

But the girl was pushing him away and seemed to need help. 

Then I saw Alex walking by and I felt relieved. He'd definitely help her out seeing how much she needed it.

Only to my disbelief, he glanced at her with an uncaring expression and kept on walking like he hadn't seen anything.

Unbelievable. This guy is so unbelievable it makes me sick.

I sat at the lunch table with Katherine and Clint like always, enjoying the short moments of my day when no one bothered me. I kept apologizing to them for being such a troublesome friend lately.

That short happy moment gets cut off when Alex comes to sit next to me. I turned the other way, facing Clint.

"Oh, come on. You can't be that mad at me."

Ignore him. Just ignore him.

"Dude, why don't you just leave her the fuck alone? You've done enough to her already." Clint said, disgusted.

Clint was one of those people who didn't like Alex much, and recently I put together why. Every time Katherine talked about how good looking Alex is, Clint would react a little strange to it. So it came down to this, Clint likes Katherine, and Katherine isn't the slightest bit aware of it.

"That's why? But that's nothing. I actually spared you a lot more than you think. I saved your life."

That pissed me off. I couldn't believe how easy he found it to mock me. 

"Saved my life?" I snorted. "I knew you were stupid, I didn't think you were an idiot too."

I flinched as he grabbed my arm and clenched it hard between his fingers. "You just insulted me."

"I did." I agreed.

"Get your hands off of her." Clint warned.

Ignoring him, Alex said. "You insulted me for helping you. Now I'm mad."

I went back to ignoring, but it was a little hard with him still squeezing my arm between his firm fingers.

Kattie, who I think was a bit stunned at the fact that Alex sat at our table in the first place, was now looking down at the table in embarrassment.

Alex leaned in, so his lips were near my ear. "Just to let you know from now, if you were my girlfriend I'd poison your lunch."

I snorted, and looked over at him, my eyes pouring into his. "If I was your girlfriend, I'd eat it."

He pulled back, smiling in triumph, "I'm glad you agree. Now I'm going to show you how I saved your ass."

He climbed up and stood on the table, "Hey everyone. How about I have your eyes here for a minute?!" he shouted.

I looked around shocked. What the hell was he doing?

Everyone in the cafeteria muffled down and turned to look at Alex.